Instinct by Sprint. iPhone knockoff

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
Not sure if this was posted yet but here we go.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
if it's so instinctual, why didn't they make it years ago?

piyf420

Bronze
Jun 19, 2008
I wouldn't get it but the 2MP camera is nice.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
it's a really nice phone, but definitely no iPhone.

Now the LG Dare coming out for Verizon with a 3.2 mp camera is pretty darn sharp.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
LMAO check out this review hahahaha, the guy is trying to show features but the POS phone will not respond to most commands HAHAHA

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
I saw a commercial that called this the iPhone killer.. All I could say was "how sad"

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I'm trying not to be a hater, but that pan button idea is... uh... uhahahaha, I can't do it, that's just silly! Why would you want to scroll that way?

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
iPhone killer = dead battery. Other than that it's hard to find an iPhone killer.

I sure have been getting piss poor battery life out of this iPhone I just bought on craigslist. My other two were not like this.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
They tried to make it just like the iPhone, but IMO, they did an awful job at it. Especially the internet panning thing...what the hell is up with that?

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Dude the OP video is soooooo old! :mad:
-Theres newer videos that compare it haha!

The instinct is garbage because it was made to combat the iPhone v1 haha! How unlucky were they release like 2-weeks before the iPhone 3G launch :p

jjsquizz

Bronze
Nov 10, 2007
Los Angeles
I am personally a v1 iPhone owner, well until I sold it for 600.00, but just because we love the iPhone, we shouldn't knock other phones that might emulate the iPhone. All that iPhone killer stuff is coming from outside sources. Sprint said specifically that the Instinct is not an iPhone killer, but it will attempt to pull their failing subscriptions back up. After the bs v2 iPhone, I am going to try the Instinct tomorrow when it hits the streets. It can't be any worse than the v2 iPhone. Just a personal thought. (Now, let's hear it. The blasting I know is coming. )

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
The pan thing in the browser would make me chuck it in the street.
Complicated menus, just like all the other nasty phones out there.
2 Megapixel camera? GPS? Touchscreen? Visual Voicemail? Yeah, iPhone has all of that.

I don't think they could make it any more apparent that they're desperate for ideas and that yes, they are copying the iPhone.

- John

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
I am personally a v1 iPhone owner, well until I sold it for 600.00, but just because we love the iPhone, we shouldn't knock other phones that might emulate the iPhone. All that iPhone killer stuff is coming from outside sources. Sprint said specifically that the Instinct is not an iPhone killer, but it will attempt to pull their failing subscriptions back up. After the bs v2 iPhone, I am going to try the Instinct tomorrow when it hits the streets. It can't be any worse than the v2 iPhone. Just a personal thought. (Now, let's hear it. The blasting I know is coming. )
Everyone has different opinions...and I said what I thought. What do you mean cant be any worse than v2? IMO, its much worse, and basically a failed attempt at an "iPhone Killer"

jjsquizz

Bronze
Nov 10, 2007
Los Angeles
Everyone has different opinions...and I said what I thought. What do you mean cant be any worse than v2? IMO, its much worse, and basically a failed attempt at an "iPhone Killer"
To quote you, " Everyone has different opinions...and I said what I thought. Furthermore, I didn't single out any one post to comment on. I have just heard and read things that I don't agree with. BTW, opinions are just like @-holes. Everybody has one. Have a good day.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
To quote you, " Everyone has different opinions...and I said what I thought. Furthermore, I didn't single out any one post to comment on. I have just heard and read things that I don't agree with. BTW, opinions are just like @-holes. Everybody has one. Have a good day.
Okay. I asked you what you meant by your opinion, and then I gave mine.

jjsquizz

Bronze
Nov 10, 2007
Los Angeles
Okay. I asked you what you meant by your opinion, and then I gave mine.
I don't know if you trust Cnet.com or not, but they rate everything. I always compare ratings of different products that I might be interested in. Until I hold this Instinct in my hand and play with it awhile, I'm not going to knpck it. I love (or did love) my iPhone, but for me and as I read more posts, a lot of EIC members are really not interested in the v2 iPhone. As a matter of fact, some of them even think that Steve Jobs and Apple are trying to make total fools out the consumer. So what, they added a couple of things, but the next one that comes out will still leave you wanting. I think jailbreaking and unlocking v1 spoiled us all. So now I have explained what I meant by my opinion.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
I don't know if you trust Cnet.com or not, but they rate everything. I always compare ratings of different products that I might be interested in. Until I hold this Instinct in my hand and play with it awhile, I'm not going to knpck it. I love (or did love) my iPhone, but for me and as I read more posts, a lot of EIC members are really not interested in the v2 iPhone. As a matter of fact, some of them even think that Steve Jobs and Apple are trying to make total fools out the consumer. So what, they added a couple of things, but the next one that comes out will still leave you wanting. I think jailbreaking and unlocking v1 spoiled us all. So now I have explained what I meant by my opinion.
Cnet is a very respectable website, so I'd trust anything they'd have to say;)