Instructions for activating iPhone 3G

guest 5

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
I am not letting the agents touch my phone! i've seen how they handle phones and it's not pretty. I will plug it into the cord and activate it myself, or i will leave the store and activate at home.

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
I am not letting the agents touch my phone! i've seen how they handle phones and it's not pretty. I will plug it into the cord and activate it myself, or i will leave the store and activate at home.
you have to let the activate it, or activate it yourself lol but if they allowed that it would still have to be in the store

HELPmepLox

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
So.Cal
dude if they got to open my iPhone up and hold it with their hands that be messed up i can imagine it now, the sales rep. dropping it... and i will be like i want another iPhone... haha

guest 5

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
yeah, the last time a rep handled my phone (was at verizon) he dropped it and argued about giving me a new phone. once i got the guy to go get a new one, i would not let him touch my phone after that. i am sure that the Apple or att store reps will allow me to plug my own phone into the activation computer myself.

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
yeah, the last time a rep handled my phone (was at verizon) he dropped it and argued about giving me a new phone. once i got the guy to go get a new one, i would not let him touch my phone after that. i am sure that the Apple or att store reps will allow me to plug my own phone into the activation computer myself.
you really think so, id want to do that myself if they let me

Romanesq

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
Nope....

No, you will not. AT&T put an end to home activation (and unlocking).

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
WOW! This is funny. Judging from everyone's reaction to the proceedure, it will take a little longer than 15 minutes to set this bad boy up. There will be a lot of arguing and what not. I hope the Apple geniuses are ready.

If this is true, it is stupid. They should allow the consumer to be the first to handle their phone. They should allow the consumer to plug their phone in and only guide you if you have never activated an iPhone before usng iTunes. They should only assist if you don't have an iTunes account and need to activate one. This should not be the case at all.

I really hope this is a joke.

Damn, now that I'm thinking about it, I'm sure I will want to activate my own phone. I use iTunes all the time!

I know! I should bring rubber gloves with me and insist that the person wear them before breaking open my box and getting started.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
WOW! This is funny. Judging from everyone's reaction to the proceedure, it will take a little longer than 15 minutes to set this bad boy up. There will be a lot of arguing and what not. I hope the Apple geniuses are ready.

If this is true, it is stupid. They should allow the consumer to be the first to handle their phone. They should allow the consumer to plug their phone in and only guide you if you have never activated an iPhone before usng iTunes. They should only assist if you don't have an iTunes account and need to activate one. This should not be the case at all.

I really hope this is a joke.

Damn, now that I'm thinking about it, I'm sure I will want to activate my own phone. I use iTunes all the time!

I know! I should bring rubber gloves with me and insist that the person wear them before breaking open my box and getting started.
They won't be activating it through iTunes this time. It'll be activated through their regular system.