Insurance

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Stargrrl, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Stargrrl

Stargrrl New Member

The didn't offer me insurance at the Cingular/ATT store like they usually do when I buy a phone. I want to know my phone will be replaced if I lose or drop it. Do I need to go to Apple to get this?

Thx,
    A

2. gcvt

gcvt Zealot
    Gold

Unfortunately, there is no insurance available for the iPhone through AT&T - same goes for all their smartphones. Apple deosn't offer insurance for it either...just Applecare which only extends the manufacturer's warranty.

3. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

www,safeware.com is evaluating the iPhone and hopes to be able to offer insurance for it soon.

4. Lheaxhuns

Lheaxhuns New Member

I put it on my renters insurance, my deductible is low enough that it's more than worth it.

5. Stargrrl

Stargrrl New Member

Guess I will have to guard it with my life until then!

6. TJL7386

TJL7386 Member
    Bronze

Any chance that AT&T decides to add insurance to their companies most popular phone any time soon? I know when I 1st purchased my BB before that it wasn't offered, but came out around three weeks later. I was just hoping that they will or would do the same with the iPhone. I take great care of mine, but all it takes is one slip and you can be screwed. I wouldn't pay $800 for a brand new one ...

7. glsda

glsda Zealot
    Gold

I wish they would offer it at a reasonable price. My home owners, USAA didn't offer it when I called and asked.

8. Youngbinks

Youngbinks Zealot
    Gold

If I remember correctly the regular AT&T insurance plans do NOT cover physical damage anyway.

I have a State Farm Personal Articles Policy that is right at $50 a year with a $0 deductible to replace the phone. Pretty sweet deal.

9. TJL7386

TJL7386 Member
    Bronze

Hmm, I never thought to check with my own insurance. Young did you ask specifically if that covers the iPhone?

10. Sramosmomof4

Sramosmomof4 New Member

I heard you can get insurance on the iPhone through asurion? Is this true?

11. Eninety2

Eninety2 Member
    Silver

State Farm or SquareTrade.

12. TMJ1

TMJ1 New Member

I heard that Apple is not honoring Insurance on the iPhone. You would have to purchase the Apple care plan!

13. Eninety2

Eninety2 Member
    Silver

What do you mean they would not cover insurance? Any claims that are made are handled by the insurer. Not Apple.

14. dfwgirl

dfwgirl New Member
    Bronze

I apologize if this is the wrong place for this thread...

Do you all have insurance for your iPhone?

I called AT&T to add iPhone insurance to my acct. The cs rep said there isn't any for the iPhone. I realize that Apple will repair my phone if needed within the 1yr period; but what if lost, stolen, or shattered?

15. Skb2000

Skb2000 Evangelist
    Gold

If you paid with a Credit Card, check the fine print with your account. Many companies provide insurance for an extra year at no cost AND they cover things like theft and accidents. My daughter had a bike stolen 2 weeks after she bought it. She used American Express and they reimbursed her for the full amount. She did file a claim with the police. You might also want to check with the coverage for your Homeowners (or renters) policy and see what they do, although it might be subject to a high deductible.

16. areyes163

areyes163 Member
    Bronze

I got insurance from square trade. It cost $99.00 but it covers the phone from accidental damage as well. If they cannot fix the phone there is a $50.00 deductible then they mail a check for the full retail price to buy another. The deductible get deducted from your check they send you.

17. PatM

PatM New Member

I bought insurance for loss, theft and damage through my homeowners insurance policy. It cost me $5.00 per phone per year with a $50.00 deductible.

I thought that was a great deal. The insurance company is American Family.

Regards,

Pat

18. reginaalear

reginaalear Member
    Bronze

My auto ins. company offers it but I haven't got to call them about how much it would cost or what it covers yet. My company is State Farm.

19. showaccord97

showaccord97 Member
    Bronze

I did the $12 a month from asurion. I know it has the same deductible as Apple. But it covers EVERYTHING! Water damage, drops, whatever and you can cancel at anytime but you have to reg in the first 30 days. Just my 2 cents....

20. Ryanz27

Ryanz27 Member
    Bronze

if you have that plan for a year you will pay $144...

if you buy insurance from Square trade its $99 for a year and covers EVERYTHING.

just thought id let ya know :)