IntelliScreen - New App Shows Today Screen Type Info on Lock Screen

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Pretty promising first release on this app. Lets you see your email / SMS / calendar items, plus news / weather / sports news on the Slide To Unlock Screen.

Already has a good number of display options and preferences - to set what is displayed, pick your news channels, choosewhether mail and SMS just show new or all items, and so on. There's lots more customization that could be done, but it's a nice start - and the devs have built in a nice self-disabling safety measure.

Intelliscreen7.jpg

Source for this is: http://intelliborn.com/repo

Last edited by a moderator:

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
This app is very nice. I did have an issue with installing it. First I didn't have a slide to unlock bar so I coulnt unlock the phone, then it stayed on the screen after I put the phone to sleep, kinda dim but still there. I had to reboot like 5 times and restart twice to get it to work properly but now its perfect. Anyway, great app.

john_T

Silver
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
Great app. iToday has potential, but this is way less buggy.

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
The only thing I don't like about this app is how the time is always covered unless you turn it off or double click the home button to get to the ipod controls.

MundoGrande

Bronze
Jan 26, 2008
The only thing I don't like about this app is how the time is always covered unless you turn it off or double click the home button to get to the ipod controls.
It shows the time, be it smaller, in the middle-top.

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
I just noticed since I enabled this app Ive lost my audible email alert and my SMS alert. I have to wake up my phone, once intelliScreen updates, then I hear the tone. Anyone else notice this?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Even with an SMS alert bug (which I haven't tested yet), I will actually use this one. Glad someone got it right.

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
ok i didn't notice the time because i had weather at the top and it got sccrambled up with the time.

i hear my sms tone but i haven't really noticed if my mail sound goes off.

Rockky

Bronze
Aug 8, 2007
Cant Find Package!

Put in source (its listed correctly),, refreshed, but package is nowhere to be found.

Booted phone and found it.... Sorry

mletang

Bronze
Jan 23, 2008
NYC
www.NYCpetforum.com
does it show you the SMS or just that you have a new message. Same with email, does it start to show the email or does it just state you have new email. I'm not sure I want my msgs or emails displayed on my unlock screen.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I don't like how it's slow to update the teeny weeny time display.

Frankly, I wish you could resize and move the floating windows. I just want a news one, larger to show more stuff, but down a bit so it doesn't cover the clock, and then email and sms only if new. If they can nail this, I will kiss them.

Not really, just saying.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
does it show you the SMS or just that you have a new message. Same with email, does it start to show the email or does it just state you have new email. I'm not sure I want my msgs or emails displayed on my unlock screen.
It does show details / first line or so of an email (assume same for SMS, haven't got a recent one to confirm with) - do not recall seeing a setting to change this, but there may be one somewhere ...

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
This is something I miss when I moved from a WinMobile phone. Seeing my calendar entries on the home screen was nice but now it's back. Yay!

aaronsiphone

Bronze
Dec 28, 2007
I hope someone British comes and join in with this. as it seems very ~American based! installing anyway, but would love English options. BBC News, football etc

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL

Frankly, I wish you could resize and move the floating windows. I just want a news one, larger to show more stuff, but down a bit so it doesn't cover the clock, and then email and sms only if new. If they can nail this, I will kiss them.

Not really, just saying.
I agree with the resize. It almost doesn't look right how it covers the clock. I also noticed the lag in updating. I only care about baseball scores and it was a couple of innings behind. I guess nothing is perfect.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com

Not really, just saying.
I would also like to be able to control sizing more. Today's update to Version 0.8 (which it should prompt you about automatically = slick) now has an option for 'Show Date & Time' and if you select it, it shows them big and large and shite :)

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
Mine is still a little buggy. I keep losing my dock app, not my actual dock but the app that allows you to access all your hidden apps. I reboot and the dock is back but then goes away.

I didn't get the automatic update for the new version though.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
I hope someone British comes and join in with this. as it seems very ~American based! installing anyway, but would love English options. BBC News, football etc

Don't fret.....Our news media is now OFFICIALLY as corrupt and pitifully moronic as yours has always been......