Interesting 3G ad and keynote find - flash?

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
I did a search, came up empty. If this is a repost, let the flames begin!

See what you think of these two stories over at iPhone atlas:

http://www.iPhoneatlas.com/2008/06/11/does-this-screenshot-show-flash-on-an-iphone-3g/

and

http://www.iPhoneatlas.com/2008/06/12/did-steve-jobs-demo-a-flash-enabled-iphone-3g/

Interesting in my opinion. Deceptive advertising? Misleading keynote? Flash coming and maybe safari is being debugged? Cleaver fakes and iPhone Altas is just trying to get more hits? Discuss.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
The screen image is simulated. Much like in commercials for televisions - the image you see displayed on the TV isn't there during production, but is in fact added in later. Apple probably superimposed a screenshot of a desktop site on to the 3G iPhone.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
I don't get it. How can you tell if it has flash or not from those pictures?

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
I don't get it. How can you tell if it has flash or not from those pictures?
you have to read what the articles say

after the first one i sorta agreed that it might be cropped but the second one almost confirms it

the only thing it could be is photoshopped out but why take the time?
nice post!

Autumnoel

May 17, 2008
Hollywood, FL
This reminds me of the ringtone trick from last year. If it doesn't have flash yet, it's probably coming in an upgrade before the holidays.

Autumnoel

May 17, 2008
Hollywood, FL
Remember when Steve first introduced the iPhone. The video demonstration he used showed iTunes having a tab for ringtones that he did not collaborate on, and did not exist yet when the iPhone released. This eventually became available with an upgrade for the phone and iTunes. Just hoping that flash will available through an upgrade soon if not included already with the new phone.

phsycology

Zealot
Gold
Dec 29, 2007
Bolton, United Kingdom
Remember when Steve first introduced the iPhone. The video demonstration he used showed iTunes having a tab for ringtones that he did not collaborate on, and did not exist yet when the iPhone released. This eventually became available with an upgrade for the phone and iTunes.
I didn't know that. When was this?

Update: Oh yeh... "Remember when Steve first introduced the iPhone......"

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Remember when Steve first introduced the iPhone. The video demonstration he used showed iTunes having a tab for ringtones that he did not collaborate on, and did not exist yet when the iPhone released. This eventually became available with an upgrade for the phone and iTunes. Just hoping that flash will available through an upgrade soon if not included already with the new phone.
Also, on the bottom of that iTunes screen, it showed 80 GB.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Lmao! Imagina how disappointed Steve would have been when they gtold him, "Erm........Sir? We............erm........we can only put 4GB in the iPhone.....Pleasedonshootme!" haha
Lol! He probably threw a windows mobile phone at them and said "do you want this!"
:They run in total chaos!: haha!

phsycology

Zealot
Gold
Dec 29, 2007
Bolton, United Kingdom
I expected at least 32 gigs. No doubt there'll be a new phone for that.
I don't think that they will add a 32GB model to the iPhone range until they expand the memory of the iPod touch because they need to keep a distance between the two devices so that they can say "You either pay for the extra memory, or phone capabilities".

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
I don't think that they will add a 32GB model to the iPhone range until they expand the memory of the iPod touch because they need to keep a distance between the two devices so that they can say "You either pay for the extra memory, or phone capabilities".
Haha! Thats businesss... you gotta make a profit:p

Autumnoel

May 17, 2008
Hollywood, FL
Good point. Anyways, I'm just looking forward to the 16 gigs. (Which is 26 days too far away.)

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Maybe Steve had a special version for the keynote? To have a lot of songs, movies, tv shows, pics, etc. ?