Interesting article

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
IMO that article was lame in the manner it came up with "10" reasons. It's entitled 10 reasons IT should not support the Apple iPhone yet several of the reasons have little or nothing to do with either IT or support. Sounds like someone had an agenda and crafted an article to fit that agenda.

--
Mike

sl0ppyshat

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
bias article but some of the points are valid. information security is a big issue for compaines right now and not being able to lock a lost phone is a concern.

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
IMO that article was lame in the manner it came up with "10" reasons. It's entitled 10 reasons IT should not support the Apple iPhone yet several of the reasons have little or nothing to do with either IT or support. Sounds like someone had an agenda and crafted an article to fit that agenda.

--
Mike
Exactly! As I was reading that joke...err article...I was wondering what a tactile keyboard has to do with IT support.

I always laugh when people say it "lacks" a real keyboard. The truth is that most smartphones lack a touchscreen keyboard. Duh :p

Nov 30, 2007
Short battery life? Are they kidding me? My Moto Q would do just over 8 hours with email push and some phone use. I get almost 2 days with the iPhone and checking email every 15 minutes with WiFi and bluetooth on all the time.

The no keyboard remark is just dumb, numbers 7 and 10 are equally stupid. I use my iPhone more than the Q because it's easier to use and I don't have 3rd party programs hogging up the memory. Also...as if if IT is going to support third party apps! Most companies don't even let people install software on their PCs so that is another go-nowhere argument.

The part about disabling the phone...why not just change the email password if you lose your phone? Call AT&T and also have the phone deactivated, they should be able to figure that one out...

Really, this is just a silly article with half-truths.

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007

--
Mike
lol! you got there first this time Mike- I was thinking the same, I bet it took a long time to think up the last 4 or 5.

There are some valid points in there though. I'd want Apple to introduce it's superb filevault for iPhone and give me a multi-user environment before I'd be comfortable letting all my users have them.

Oh no - they already have them. Never mind eh! But if I was running the IT for a firm of Lawyers I can't see how I could allow corporate iPhones just yet.

This would be a simple set of mods for Apple to be able to bring about a hardened iPhone.