interesting comments by chris pirillo...regarding jailbreaking

alwsfishin

Nov 14, 2007
Some interesting comments by Chris Pirillo on jailbreaking and the iPhone. Check out the video below and let me know your thoughts.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I like Chris Pirillo, and liked his recent thoughts on iPhone vs Windows Mobile. I'm biased on this subject I guess, but I think his 5 reasons are pretty lame - and his commenter buddy with the OpenSSH FUD is pretty classic ...

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
yes i agree.. when i hacked my phone, i unhacked and im sure that i left the nes rmo folder in there and now it is stuck, i don't know how to jailbreak again to take it off... so it is stuck in there...

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
yes i agree.. when i hacked my phone, i unhacked and im sure that i left the nes rmo folder in there and now it is stuck, i don't know how to jailbreak again to take it off... so it is stuck in there...
Why did you unhack? Just curious...I'm ::so:: itching to jailbreak.

chrismmm

Silver
Dec 27, 2007
Gwinnett, Georgia
Waste of bandwidth listening to that....

I listened to his first 4 reasons for not jb'ing the iPhone and turned it off because that is not how i think and reason about consumer and/or pro-consumer devices.

1. Not sanctioned by Apple! I don't really care whats sanctioned by Apple or even microsoft for that matter. Both have made enough money off of me and i am the consumer they are the providers.

2. Afraid he will brick it! He is a pus*y. After watching his dog lick his mouth... that was a deal breaker for me. He really didn't present a good argument there.

3. doesn't want additional functionality and doesn't know what the add'l functionality would be.. Enough said. Un-informed, no pratical experience with jilbreaking vs non-jailbreaking it? !
4. Really excited about the SDK! Really! A year later and maybe he is still excited about it..I really don't care what he is excited about but I am sure he gets excited about his doggies at times.

Another Lame-O trying to by cute and sophisticated.

A total waste of time listening to his opinion.

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
Haha, i love the end when the dog licks him and his reaction. His points are valid and i considered them all before i jailbroke but if your careful most of them are really not that dangerous.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Wow, this guy and his callers are definitely on the same level. Who leaves SSH on all day, and who sits around on a laptop sniffing for iPhones to hack in to?

I wish I could get the some odd minutes of my life I wasted watching this video. If you need a demonstration in seeing why "Ignorance is Bliss" then by all means proceed to watch this drivel.

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
Where's my "you're an idiot for saying about someone who has a different opinion than you" emotion?

Seriously - the guy does what he thinks is right. His ways of doing things are no different than half the people at school/work. Imagine it this way, people without money to buy form the vending machine are the ones who did NOT jailbreak. While people with money are. Now - someone coudl loan me a dollar meanign I've jailbroke and choose what I want or I can't and be left with nothing. But what if I put in B2 which is classified as a Snickers bar and I get a bag of peanuts? Same thing.

The guy has his points but I just don't agreee with them.

coasts

Zealot
Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com
Where's my "you're an idiot for saying about someone who has a different opinion than you" emotion?

Seriously - the guy does what he thinks is right. His ways of doing things are no different than half the people at school/work. Imagine it this way, people without money to buy form the vending machine are the ones who did NOT jailbreak. While people with money are. Now - someone coudl loan me a dollar meanign I've jailbroke and choose what I want or I can't and be left with nothing. But what if I put in B2 which is classified as a Snickers bar and I get a bag of peanuts? Same thing.

depthnerd, here's a buck...get me a Kit Kat while you're at that vending machine and give me a break. what are you saying?

more on point, i tried to watch this video, waiting for it to get interesting, but gave up. the fact that he recorded himself saying this ish makes me almost glad that the iPhone doesn't support video recording.

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007

I honestly have to say i could not follow a single word you said here. I'm sure you were making a great example, but now i'm just hungry for a snickers bar.