Interesting Picture

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Here is a picture of my cellphone with 2 different sim cards in it.

If you notice the original has the CINGULAR on the bottom while the new has the AT&T on the bottom. Do you think that existing CINGULAR customers will have a different Icon than the AT&T in the top left corner of the iPhone?

ebrunn

Silver
Feb 6, 2007
Minneapolis
Yeah, if you are a current Cingular customer and buy the phone as a upgrade and don't get a new ATT SIM card, then you will probably see Cingular on the screen.

jphawkins

Bronze
Jun 9, 2007
Cartersville, GA
Yeah, if you are a current Cingular customer and buy the phone as a upgrade and don't get a new ATT SIM card, then you will probably see Cingular on the screen.
No, AT&T has switched every working SIM to say AT&T..so the iPhone won't say Cingular.

Mine used to say Cingular, but now says AT&T.

The first SIM in the picture is no longer connected to the network..thereforee it has not been refreshed.

jpmihalk

Bronze
May 16, 2007
USA
The SIM cards don't say Cingular, the network settings at the towers do. Some phones automatically update, some don't, and Cingular hasn't made the changes everywhere their network is yet. I have heard they want to complete the change by the time the iPhone rolls out.

dmbjewel

Jun 11, 2007
mine does too

my phones still say cingular too.

Does it matter? do I need to get the new att sim card when I get my iPhone? It doesn't really change anything does it?

My phone still has Cingular on it. How would they change existing, working sim cards to say AT&T?

emerrill

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
my phones still say cingular too.

Does it matter? do I need to get the new att sim card when I get my iPhone? It doesn't really change anything does it?
Nope, doesn't matter one bit :)

No, you don't need to get a new SIM card. They will give you one, but if you just have them use your old one, they should give you the new one to keep. Since I move my SIM between phones a lot, I have a spare in case I break or lose mine. As a note, the first time the new SIM is used, your old one is deactivated and will no longer work to join the AT&T network.