Interesting to See if iPad 2 Cases fit the iPad 3/New iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Cases and Accessories' started by Mickeylittle, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle Zealot
    Gold

If the 3-4 iPad 2 cases, including bluetooth keyboard case work for my new iPad coming on the 16th or if the barely added bulk is just enough to mess us up! I'm really thinking that the bluetooth case won't work as it snaps in rather snuggly. It's from Rocketfish.

2. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

It's only .5mm or thicker, which I half the thickness of a dime. I bet it will sneak on there.

3. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Force it on! Then use superglue to hold it in place :p

4. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Thread moved to the iPad Cases and Accessories section. Prefix added and title modified.

5. Krunk83

Krunk83 Zealot
    Gold

Hard shell won't fit but other cases with a little give should.

6. AlexW

AlexW New Member

I was wondering the same thing! I got hooked up with an iMainGo XP (http://amzn.to/iMainGoXP) from work and love to watch movies and tv shows on it with Netflix. Do you think the thickness is the main difference? Or, will it also be in the height and width? I may wait a few months and see if the price goes down...and borrow my friend's in the meantime! :)

7. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Compare the New and iPad 2 side by side: on Apples web site.
    http://www.apple.com/ipad/compare/

Height & width are the same.

8. Josh Yates

Josh Yates Contributor
    Silver

Depth is not, however. So...that's gonna be a problem for any hard cases that protect the back. A bit frustrating. I will want something on the back, but don't want to go back with a folio...it takes away some of the "thin." Will be interesting to see how long it will take companies to get their products out for the iPad.

9. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

True, it is just a tad bit thicker... Like .5mm which isn't much at all. I bet iPad 2 cases will fit ;)

10. Josh Yates

Josh Yates Contributor
    Silver

Most will...however, the cases I'm looking at are the hard shells that fit extremely snug. I've been using the Belkin Snap Case on an iPad 2 and it's TIGHT. Don't think those will work on the New iPad.

11. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Bigger hammer fixes everything ;)

12. imamac

imamac Member
    Bronze

FWIW... I spoke to a Zagg rep today and he said their ZaggFolio cases for iPad 2 won't fit the new iPad.

13. downsized

downsized Member
    Bronze

I'm anxiously awaiting my new iPad, but am leaving the country for 10 days next Friday.
    I bought a cheapo case off eBay for an iPad2, hoping that it will "kinda" work until I can get back, and find one that was made for the new iPad. Actually, for $13 postage paid, the cheap one is really not too shabby, if it works, great, if not, I can always "gift" it to a friend with and iPad2.
    iamlegend, I too, prefer leather, but would rather "distress" it myself.