Interesting

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Unfortunately, Apple's stock has been dropping over the past few days. It's dropped another $8 today, along with Google, losing $20. The price is now $160.42, after being at $200 two weeks ago. Hopefully 2008 will be as good a year for Apple as 2007 was.

- John

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Unfortunately, Apple's stock has been dropping over the past few days. It's dropped another $8 today, along with Google, losing $20. The price is now $160.42, after being at $200 two weeks ago. Hopefully 2008 will be as good a year for Apple as 2007 was.

- John

Its not because of those specific companies, housing and banking have caused All the stocks to tumble.

Today it was Intel.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Yeah I'm a bit surprised at the drop in stocks as well. Apple isn't alone as John said, many stocks are lagging now, so hopefully there's an upturn sometime soon,
Apple's announcement of iTunes rentals also brought down the stock of Blockbuster and Netflix. No surprise there. I for one can say that Netflix will loose some, not all, but some, of my businesss to iTunes.

- John

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Apple's announcement of iTunes rentals also brought down the stock of Blockbuster and Netflix. No surprise there. I for one can say that Netflix will loose some, not all, but some, of my businesss to iTunes.

- John
iTunes rentals are still high at $4....I can get them at that price off the TV box. Watch Netflix drop their price below iTunes, then lets see what happens.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
i think Apple's stock went down because of the MacBookAir and how USELESS it is. the thing is basically an (modded)iPhone. sure it's thin but getting rid of CD's so that you have to buy something else is just ANNOYING.

i would much rather use that $1700 for a MacBookPro and get more out of it than just "internet surfing".

i'm really disappointed in some of the directions Apple is going in.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
i think Apple's stock went down because of the MacBookAir and how USELESS it is. the thing is basically an (modded)iPhone. sure it's thin but getting rid of CD's so that you have to buy something else is just ANNOYING.

i would much rather use that $1700 for a MacBookPro and get more out of it than just "internet surfing".

i'm really disappointed in some of the directions Apple is going in.

$1799.............

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I agree with you there Taylor. I was so excited when I saw the MacBook air. Got home from classes ready to pre-order and then I realized there's no optical drive. Bleh. What if I want to play a game when I'm out and about? I have to carry around an extra drive (that I have to purchase separately)? It seems ridiculous and I am quite disappointed.