Interface Mod...tried it yet?

powersrus

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Battle Creek, MI.
You can. Several have reported that uninstalling it returns everything to normal. Just make sure you only have one installed at a time, and uninstall it before trying another.

Yeah I think that's why some are having problems with it. They maybe have more than one installed.

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
OK,

This app screwed up my iPhone BIG TIME. If you have more than one installed, you're screwed, unless someone can find a fix. I had three installed and uninstalled the two I wasn't using and now I cannot open installer, Boss Prefs, etc. My texting, Safari, Phone will open, but it seems my third-party applications are all hosed. Nothing opens!

HELP!

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Yep - there is no helping if this screws up your iPhone, you will have to restore it. The only way of salvaging my phone numbers is syncing them to Windows Contacts through iTunes. This is B.S.

USE THIS APPLICATION WITH WARNING OR STAY AWAY FROM IT!

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I'm sorry for your situation, Kaba, but I do believe the programmars put in a warning in the installation instructing you to only install one at a time. It is an issue that perhaps need to be addressed with a more blatant warning, but there was a warning.

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
I'm sorry for your situation, Kaba, but I do believe the programmars put in a warning in the installation instructing you to only install one at a time. It is an issue that perhaps need to be addressed with a more blatant warning, but there was a warning.
I believe they should make it way more clear. Perhaps even developing a GUI that wouldn't let you install more than one at a time would be nice...

I'm back up and running, rejailbroke, the whole nine yards already -- just taking some time getting my apps back to where they were.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Yeah I know that feeling. Sorry....

At least people know how serious it is to NOT INSTALL MORE THAN ONE AT A TIME. Consider yourself an EIC martyr, Kaba.

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Yeah I know that feeling. Sorry....

At least people know how serious it is to NOT INSTALL MORE THAN ONE AT A TIME. Consider yourself an EIC martyr, Kaba.
Haha, no doubt. I reinstalled the black theme (love it!), and noticed that there was NO warning whatsoever stating to only have one them installed at a time. No pop-ups, not in the description of the download...nothing.

Pretty interesting considering installing more than one will f-up your iPhone...

Come on developers, let us know when stuff is buggy!

Anyway, all is well now -- after about an hour of re-doing everything...Oh well, the price one has to pay to save thousands... :laugh2:

Arcano

Bronze
Nov 13, 2007
Ooops ! I made the same mistake....uninstalled the ones I was not using and now my phone can't open some apps....Restore is the only solution?

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
I had three installed at one time and everything runs perfect..?

Arcano

Bronze
Nov 13, 2007
I had three installed at one time and everything runs perfect..?
That was my case, but when I decided to uninstall the ones I was not using my problem appeared.

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
yeah this is great. Haven't decided which color is my favorite yet. Hope they can implement something like this into an app where you can change colors more easily etc..

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I changed mine to pink, I know a lot of people aren't liking the black but it looks pretty cool with the pink.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I would like a "black shirt that's been through the wash 20 times" theme, personally.