International calling with "fring"?

Dec 8, 2008
N
Can i really call Europe from Usa though wi-fi using the "fring" app? What about true phone"? Is there any way to make free international calls?

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Can i really call Europe from Usa though wi-fi using the "fring" app? What about true phone"? Is there any way to make free international calls?
Before you do anything with fring, I'll advise you to read carefuly on their website: fring

fring are using data - which mean you'll need a data plan with your carrier. 1 minute of talk is about 133KB (8MB per hour).

Dec 8, 2008
N
Yeah i got an iPhone data plan, i just want to make sure thata its free or not, im off to reading

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Yeah i got an iPhone data plan, i just want to make sure thata its free or not, im off to reading
Great - then you're ready. Just remember to use 3G or even better - WiFi if you got one!? Clean connection is about 133KB per minute, and sometimes EDGE it's fine....but...

Dec 8, 2008
N
So i just download fring and then what, whch do i click, and yes i do have wi-fi. I wanna call a land line and a mobile in Eastern Europe.

Dec 8, 2008
N
What do you use? Is it better then fring?

Dec 8, 2008
N
It sais that if i want to call a land line i need to purchase some Skipe out/sip credits... Which is fine i guess, but i don't know where to get those. And im wondering if i can even make calls to a mobile phone.