International HELP

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Medeiros2227

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
dunno
I am going to europe[portugal] 2 weeks from today. i know my phone will cost 2.99 per minute which is horrible, but, will the internet and texting still be the same cost?:confused:

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I leave August 10th for Europe as well. I'm not 100% sure but I think the texting and internet will be more expensive and you will be charged extras while you are overseas. Last time I went to Europe (this past winter) I signed up for AT&T's International Calling Plan. Itwas $4.99 or $5.99 a month and the phone charges were $0.99 per minute. To send a text message was $0.50 and it was $0.50 to receive one as well. I am not sure what the data cost was because I didn't use it while I was there. This time I think I am just going to bring my unlocked krzr with me and purchase a sim card once I get to Europe. I've heard this makes the calls MUCH cheaper and then you can just throw the card away when you're done. Hope this helps. Where in Europe are you going?

Medeiros2227

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
dunno
I leave August 10th for Europe as well. I'm not 100% sure but I think the texting and internet will be more expensive and you will be charged extras while you are overseas. Last time I went to Europe (this past winter) I signed up for AT&T's International Calling Plan. Itwas $4.99 or $5.99 a month and the phone charges were $0.99 per minute. To send a text message was $0.50 and it was $0.50 to receive one as well. I am not sure what the data cost was because I didn't use it while I was there. This time I think I am just going to bring my unlocked krzr with me and purchase a sim card once I get to Europe. I've heard this makes the calls MUCH cheaper and then you can just throw the card away when you're done. Hope this helps. Where in Europe are you going?
i will be going to portugal.

iPhobos

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
Check out www.jajah.com its a website you can use to call people overseas. You can save money that way and stick it to the man. As for the data i would call AT&T and ask them. You have to call them anyways to activate international roaming as it is a security feature.

jvanlee1

Jul 17, 2007
From AT&T's website.

"For just an additional $24.99 per month, iPhone customers may add a Data Global Plan to their existing domestic data plan and receive 20MB of data usage in 29 countries, including Canada, China, Mexico and many additional countries in Europe/Asia. Overage rate is $.005/KB. Outside the 29 discounted countries, the data usage rate is $.0195/KB"

I don't know how many months you have to buy minimum.