Internet Anywhere

gylvan

May 6, 2007
Does anyone know how much it will cost to have internet anywhere? I know you can pay extra to have some computers have internet anywhere there is a cell phone signal.

Gideon

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
Does anyone know how much it will cost to have internet anywhere? I know you can pay extra to have some computers have internet anywhere there is a cell phone signal.
I'm not sure that the exact pricing structure has been released yet.

itsabouttime

Silver
Feb 18, 2007
San Antonio, Tx.

Gideon
There will most likely be an iPhone unlimited plan which will include unlimited internet access but, as Joe said, the pricing structure has yet to be announced.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I wouldn't expect it to be more than their current unlimited data plans. Somewhere around $40/month.

BTW, my middle name is Gideon. You're the only person I've ever met with that name.

May 6, 2007
United States
Yeah

I would guess that it would start at 15-20 dollars for the lowest plan, and might hit 50 or 60 bucks a month for the unlimited plans. It's a great phone, but it's gonna empty out your pockets :p

Anyone heard anything on rebates or Cingular discounts lately?

dino_russ

May 16, 2007
I would guess that it would start at 15-20 dollars for the lowest plan, and might hit 50 or 60 bucks a month for the unlimited plans. It's a great phone, but it's gonna empty out your pockets :p

Anyone heard anything on rebates or Cingular discounts lately?
I know that not much has been said, but I was hoping to use it more via WiFii. Any idea if you will have to take their data plans when you get one? If not then you could just find usable WiFii hotspots for what you need to do. Curious if anyone has an idea if that would be possible. I find most carrier's data plans to be too expensive an addition to justify doing internet on my PDA cellphones but with this possibility the iPhone has tempted me to think different!

Russ

May 9, 2007
I know that not much has been said, but I was hoping to use it more via WiFii. Any idea if you will have to take their data plans when you get one? If not then you could just find usable WiFii hotspots for what you need to do. Curious if anyone has an idea if that would be possible. I find most carrier's data plans to be too expensive an addition to justify doing internet on my PDA cellphones but with this possibility the iPhone has tempted me to think different!

Russ
This will be what sells to me. I probably will not pay for a data plan. I have wireless at home and at work. There is an abundance of free wifi where I live too. I doesn't make sense for me to pay for an internet that is free almost everywhere.

html

May 16, 2007
No set price but I would imagine it would be around $50/mo

May 6, 2007
United States
This will be what sells to me. I probably will not pay for a data plan. I have wireless at home and at work. There is an abundance of free wifi where I live too. I doesn't make sense for me to pay for an internet that is free almost everywhere.
It might work w/o the data plan, but it could be tough, always having to be near a hotspot. It seems, though, that you could do it, with your circumstance of plenty of WiFi in the area. I will likely get the data plan, and maybe even the unlimited. This will keep you from having to worry about it up until you get the bill. That way it's a set value. I don't know if you will be able to do the WiFi thing you mentioned, as Cingular would earn less off of it, but it's worth some investigation. I will see what I can find.

BoxKrait

Bronze
May 16, 2007
Or you could move to one of those Wi-Fi cities.

dino_russ

May 16, 2007
We have lots of wifi here in town. But when I travel I am usually in motels with free wifi also or I can go to one of those restarants that have it and do my email that I need. Hope they allow this and data plan is not fixed in on top of the talk time. Will be interesting to see.

Russ

dino_russ

May 16, 2007
It might work w/o the data plan, but it could be tough, always having to be near a hotspot. It seems, though, that you could do it, with your circumstance of plenty of WiFi in the area. I will likely get the data plan, and maybe even the unlimited. This will keep you from having to worry about it up until you get the bill. That way it's a set value. I don't know if you will be able to do the WiFi thing you mentioned, as Cingular would earn less off of it, but it's worth some investigation. I will see what I can find.
Thanks, will be interested in hearing what you find out when the phone is out.

Russ

May 9, 2007
I just don't want a $90 cell phone payment. I am not that desperate for internet. If I am, I will just go the local coffe shop or library.