Internet chat programs

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

henryj006

May 16, 2007
Will the iPhone be able to download chart programs? aol, yahoo, msn, paltalk, etc.?
Will you be able by the unique touch screen to respond in chat programs?

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Download YES. But as for running it who knows. You could put whatever you felt like putting on an iPhone.

May 6, 2007
United States
Download YES. But as for running it who knows. You could put whatever you felt like putting on an iPhone.
Exactly. There is no question that you could download the programs, but running them might be a challenge. The iPhone does not run the exact same Mac OSX, but rather an "optimized" version, according to Steve Jobs. We will have to wait and see. For now, though, check out some other threads that are somewhat like this one on this forum. There might be some more info.

Lob

Bronze
Jan 22, 2007
Glastonbury, CT
I hope and pray that they put a camera on the front for video conferencing on ichat! Does anyone think that they would add something like that in? The Keynote was 6 months ago so maybe they did.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
I hope and pray that they put a camera on the front for video conferencing on ichat! Does anyone think that they would add something like that in? The Keynote was 6 months ago so maybe they did.
I think it is an eventual inevitability. But I doubt very seriously it will be in the first iteration. Just a basic camera for taking pics for now.

Bootlessjam

Bronze
Apr 15, 2007
I remember reading somewhere that Apple filed a patent for this new technology that involves having a camera inbetween the pixels of a screen, so that the entire screen is a intergrated camera.

Now that on the iPhone would be the pinnacle of Apple coolness!

Lob

Bronze
Jan 22, 2007
Glastonbury, CT
I remember reading somewhere that Apple filed a patent for this new technology that involves having a camera inbetween the pixels of a screen, so that the entire screen is a intergrated camera.

Now that on the iPhone would be the pinnacle of Apple coolness!
I remember that! It was like 2 years ago. I looked it up again and you can find the article here. Jeez, I wonder if they are doing that. I had seen a video showing people walking in front of this huge monitor and they were reflected on it with this sort of technology but it looked really bad. I wonder if Apple perfected it?