Internet / Data Network

KAKershaw

Bronze
Sep 3, 2008
I am a new 3G iPhone user and I have not been able to connect to the internet or send e-mail when NOT connected to a wireless network. My phone is jailbroken and I am on T-Mobile with their unlimited plan. I was using a blackberry with the data plan.

Is there something I need to do to my phone to get it connected to the internet when not connecting via wireless network?

Whatever help you can provide will be appreciated. When I leav my house or my office I am without the ability to send/receive e-mail or connect to the internet or use applications which require an internet connection..... HELP!

Thanks!

Keith

KAKershaw

Bronze
Sep 3, 2008
yes I am on t-mobile and using an unlocked phone

PapaST

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
kakershaw... you posted this before. It was suggested to contact t-mobile to find out about your data plan. What did they tell you when you called them? Did they tell you that you should use a PDA data plan rather than a BB plan?

Last edited by a moderator:

KAKershaw

Bronze
Sep 3, 2008
kakershaw... you posted this before. It was suggested to contact t-mobile to find out about your data plan. What did they tell you when you called them? Did they tell you that you should use a PDA data plan rather than a BB plan?
I was trying to find out why no internet access -- is that related to the data plan also?

Last edited by a moderator:

PapaST

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
Your data plan dictates what kind of internet access you will have. If you have the wrong data plan which some posters here believe you might, then your data/internet won't work. Call T-Mobile and tell them about it.

PapaST

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
I am confused .... is there a legal AND unlegal way to unlock?
I don't believe AT&T, the carrier for the iPhone, intended for people to use the iPhone with the competition.

KAKershaw

Bronze
Sep 3, 2008
Your data plan dictates what kind of internet access you will have. If you have the wrong data plan which some posters here believe you might, then your data/internet won't work. Call T-Mobile and tell them about it.
Thanks doing it as I type and I appreciate your straight forward words.