Internet NOT working!

jarambulo

Bronze
Dec 12, 2007
Atlantic City, NJ
Hi team,

I'm currently experiencing some problems on my iPhone 1.1.4. When I'm home using my wi-fi, there's no issues on the internet, iTunes, or or mail. But when I'm not home and especially at work my internet stops working and won't load any sites. I'm able to make phone calls and text only.

Is there some type of way I can fix this?

Please try and help a brotha out...:(

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Do you ever see the Edge symbol? Just grabbing at straws here. Don't really know what the problem is. Is the the V1 or the new phone?
Even with wifi still on, you should be getting edge to access the internet.

jarambulo

Bronze
Dec 12, 2007
Atlantic City, NJ
I'm sorry. Yes, the EDGE is on. Version 1.

Even with the EDGE, I can't function the internet!

Rockky

Bronze
Aug 8, 2007
I get a similar problem when changing TO 3g...usually for 5 min or so it just hangs in the URL box....followed be 2 popups:
1. 'can't access the cellular data...'
2. 'safari can't get page...are you connected to the Internet '...(while having 3G and 4 bars etc...AT&T and Apple have no solution.
Anyone else experience this?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Man, I don't know. Never recall seeing this problem on here before. I will continue to give it some thought and maybe someone else will have a solution.

jarambulo

Bronze
Dec 12, 2007
Atlantic City, NJ
I get a similar problem when changing TO 3g...usually for 5 min or so it just hangs in the URL box....followed be 2 popups:
1. 'can't access the cellular data...'
2. 'safari can't get page...are you connected to the Internet '...(while having 3G and 4 bars etc...AT&T and Apple have no solution.
Anyone else experience this?
Sorry, but this topic only applies to non-3G problems! Try going to the iPhone 3G forum.

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
I only get internet when I'm home, using wifi. When I'm driving or at work, I can't view any sites.
Driving and viewing internet aren't such a great idea id say . but then again neither is putting on makeup and driving and i see that ALL THE TIME :)

You text while driving too? :) i have a buddy of mine that does all the time and i told him i will put on his headstone " i told him not to text"

:)

evil_ryu

Bronze
Jul 28, 2008
Hi team,

I'm currently experiencing some problems on my iPhone 1.1.4. When I'm home using my wi-fi, there's no issues on the internet, iTunes, or or mail. But when I'm not home and especially at work my internet stops working and won't load any sites. I'm able to make phone calls and text only.

Is there some type of way I can fix this?

Please try and help a brotha out...:(
have u tried to reset your network connect?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
These would be my troubleshooting steps for this situation. Proceed to the next number if one doesn't work:

1. Reset network settings.
2. Clear Safari cookies/cache
2. Reset all settings
3. Restore
4. Exchange @ Apple store

jarambulo

Bronze
Dec 12, 2007
Atlantic City, NJ
These would be my troubleshooting steps for this situation. Proceed to the next number if one doesn't work:

1. Reset network settings.
2. Clear Safari cookies/cache
2. Reset all settings
3. Restore
4. Exchange @ Apple store
First four was all attempted, no luck!

Your #4, you mean #5, can't be done due to the iPhone being unlocked and using T-Mobile.

Any more suggestions?

evil_ryu

Bronze
Jul 28, 2008
First-four was all attempted, no luck!

Your #4, you mean #5, can't be done due to the iPhone being unlocked and using T-Mobile.

Any more suggestions?
i would either try rejailbreaking it or call tmobile to help trouble shoot your network connect then?
edit = are you running tzone?

jarambulo

Bronze
Dec 12, 2007
Atlantic City, NJ
i would either try rejailbreaking it or call tmobile to help trouble shoot your network connect then?
edit = are you running tzone?
I rejailbroke it a few times before and still the same. I doubt T-Mobile will assist me with this since it's an ATT product. And no I'm not running tzones. I have the family plan with internet add on.