Internet off the iPhone on my laptop?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

davis5050

Bronze
Aug 18, 2007
Does anyone know if there is a way to run the internet on my laptop useing Edge? I could run it with the MotoQ i had but it would use up my data plan real quick. I also had to purchace software for it to work. I hope that I said that so it could be understood. Thank You

davis5050

Bronze
Aug 18, 2007
internet

I am not savvy enough to make this work, it is driving me crazy! A little more step by step instructions may help.

icEphone

Oct 22, 2007
assume your phone is jailbroken

1- go to installer install "Tinyproxy"
2- now on your laptop one click on the wireless icon on the right bottom, then click "Network and Sharing Center"

3- click on "Set up a connection or nework" then select "Set up a wireless ad hoc (computer-to-computer) network then click next, then next again

4- name connect what ever you want, then select "WEP" for Security type: then type in lets say abbcc for Security key (you can type any key you want).. then check box "Save this network" then click next. then it will try to connect. you will see "The "neworkname" is ready to use. click close.

5- now go back to "Network and Sharing Center" click "Manage Wireless Networks" you will see the connection you just created, click once to select that network then click "Adapter properties" .. then select "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) then click properties.. click "Alternate Configuration" then select "Use the following IP address"

for IP address: 192.168.1.2
subnet mask: 255.255.255.0

click ok.

6- go back to phone -settings- wifi - you will see the connection you just created .. select to join, when successful joined. click on ">" then tap "Static" enter

IP address 192.168.1.1
Subnetmask 255.255.255.0

7. now open IE7 click "tools" then click "Connections" then click "LAN Settings" .. check box Proxy Server and enter

IP: 192.168.1.1 Port: 8080 click OK you're done. You should now have internet access if you follow all steps.

remember to uncheck the "Proxy Server" to go back to your home internet.

My English is not that good. If you're still confused lets me know.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Unfortunately, it does require some savvyness. I know I did not spell that correctly.

I got it done, but I know computers. Don't do it unless you have confidence that you'll do it right.

davis5050

Bronze
Aug 18, 2007
when it says open IE7 where is that at? On the phone or pc? I got all the way there and can't find that?

davis5050

Bronze
Aug 18, 2007
Duh

Yeah that was pretty dumb of me! I thought of that after I posted the question. BUT i did all of that and it still wont connect to the web. My pc says itis but it wont open a web page.

z28black98

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I am pretty computer savvy and I am trying to do this on my laptop as well but it doesn't have Vista. My desktop does, but my laptop has XP. Any directions for XP users? I tried following the steps and deciper them on my own through XP but had no luck.

icEphone

Oct 22, 2007
Yeah that was pretty dumb of me! I thought of that after I posted the question. BUT i did all of that and it still wont connect to the web. My pc says itis but it wont open a web page.
try close your Internet Exploer then open again.. if not then restart your phone then connect again. I sometimes have the same problem but after restart my iPhone it works fine.

icEphone

Oct 22, 2007
I am pretty computer savvy and I am trying to do this on my laptop as well but it doesn't have Vista. My desktop does, but my laptop has XP. Any directions for XP users? I tried following the steps and deciper them on my own through XP but had no luck.
Just tested on my friend XP laptop and got it working as well.. if you able to created a Ad hoc (computer to computer) then enter all the proxy values you're be fine. if you still having trouble I will post more details instruction for xp tomorrow if I have time.

Mar 21, 2009
step by step very easy to do!

ok...first and formost...FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS! find out what version your iPhone is running...settings/general/about/versio...if anything less then 2.2.1 connect to a pc with internet and let iTunes upgrade it to 2.2.1...NOTHING ABOVE 2.2.1!...and if you ever upgrade above or restore again all this will be lost! and you wil have to do it all again...well worth the time but in all sucks...lol you are going to need a computer with internet anyways to dload a some files you need that the iPhone wont deal with...one to run on the pc to be tethered to the iPhone.

ok...now http://quickpwn2-2-1.googlecode.com/files/QuickPWN2-2-1.zip that will download a program to "jailbreak" the phone...very simple...one step...connect the phone and say ok....well ok two...whatever....oh yeah do a quick install it will install everything.

ok...now your iPhone should be "broke" say go into "Cydia" ...one of the apps the crack installed.....in there under the "Featured Packages" on the home page there is a program called "PdaNet" under "Commercial Applications" about mid way down the list with a orange icon. dload and install that onto the phone.

ok...now you need an internet connection to get the file for the PC...http://junefabrics.com/desktop and dload the windows version...run and install..it will put an icon in the system tray on the lower right.

ok...now fire up the app PdaNet on the iPhone and go in the settings and set it to "USB" then back....you can exit the program at that point...you don't even have to have it on screen or visible...it just runs....if you leave the app running on the iPhone it will show info on the connection...ie bytes transfered...basically activity....there is a wifi setting but i couldnt get it to run.

ok...connect the iPhone...the phone has to be connected via the usb cable....and right click on the icon and click "connect"...TADA!

ok ....now you all computer to internet connected...now that your phone is cracked you can do **** with it...at this site it gives you a file to run on the pc and it gives you a window with the entire iPhone root directory being able to edit as seen fit if you know what i mean...lol go here and get the iPhone browser and install it http://code.google.com/p/iPhonebrowser

ok...in iPhonebrowser there is a directory on the iPhone called root/private/var/mobile/library/downloads...if downloads isn't there add it there like this "Downloads" ...it has to have the capitol d...you will use this directory later...so remember where it is or don't lose these instructions.

ok...go dload and install bitlord free version at www.bitlord.com...associate all files it wants to associate too.

ok...now you need **** to put in that directory...lol...if you go to www.pizzatorrent.com and put "iPhone apps" in the search it will pull up all sorts of ****...there will be a file that is about 3g near the top if you click on one of those...stay away from mininova or any nova for that matter as the sever of the file that you pick...after picking the file it will take you to another page click on the link that is the title of the file you pick and say open with bitlord if prompted...then it will open a window with a list of all the apps avaliable...you can pick and chose which ones you want to dload to the computer...i suggest using the "unselect all" button then picking the ones you want if you arent going to dload the whole thing.

ok...you take those files you dload from there that are in program files/bitlord/downloads/name of file....and copy them and put them in that directory mentioned above on the iPhonebrowser.

ok...now go back into Sydia and search for "xxxxxxxxxx" dload and install that onto the phone.

ok...run xxxxxxxxxx and select "downloads" at the bottom and pick and install the apps you put into that directory,,,,TADA!

SCHEW! i think i hit every step...but if all goes well you will have internet on your computer and all the free applications, books and games you can clogg your phone with...lol...the good thing is there is a lot of cracked pay ones out there that arnt half bad you can search for all sorts of **** in pizzatorrent but that one is full of **** to go through....so i hope this all works out for you.