Internet on the iPad

1. Stavie Steelo

Stavie Steelo New Member

Do you have to pay for it with AT&T's plan if you get the basic one with out the 3g? Can you just hook up to a wireless network that you already have I don't see why you have to pay to use the internet and AT&T I don't like their coverage so would rather use my own provider

2. aggieman

aggieman Zealot Gold

all iPad's have wifi built in. The wifi only iPad that doesn't have 3g built in will start at $499 for a 16gb model. Just use the wifi to hook up to a wifi network. The AT&T 3g data plan is just an option for people that want it.

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. Cjvdh

Cjvdh Zealot Gold

Yes if you purchase the Wifi only model you do not have to use ATT you can just use it wherever there is Wifi access. Personally if I was to get one this would be the route I would take because I am not getting sucked into another data plan I don't care if its pay as you go or not I am not doing it. This thing is just a huge iPod Touch. FAIL!

5. Stavie Steelo

Stavie Steelo New Member

Yeah What is the upside to the 3G just faster and access everywhere than? I might look into getting one because I like the iBookstore for school it will be easy to take to class and take notes and read/refer to books which will come in handy. I rather the iPhone just come to Verizon instead though.

6. chris

chris Administrator Administrator

3G means you are not dependent upon WiFi (which isn't available everywhere). It also means a bump up charge for the iPad and your monthly fee of $30.

Oh and welcome to eiC.

7. Bustamante

Bustamante New Member

Yeah What is the upside to the 3G just faster and access everywhere than? I might look into getting one because I like the iBookstore for school it will be easy to take to class and take notes and read/refer to books which will come in handy. I rather the iPhone just come to Verizon instead though.

8. tmoney15

tmoney15 New Member

After being sick of paying for data from AT&T I found a service called TruConnect that costs $4.99/month and I only pay 3.9 cents/MB of data. It gives me the same 3G internet that AT&T did, but saves me tons of money every month, and the best part is that I use a MiFi device from the company and I can connect up to 5 devices WiFi with it = my wife and I can both use it for our iPads. The only thing I wish now is that I didn't spend the extra money to buy the 3G enabled iPads.

9. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius Gold

And I saved a ton of money by switching.....

ImageUploadedByiCafe1315849060.364093.jpg