Internet on unlocked iPhones

barry

Oct 9, 2007
I was wondering does the internet work on other carriers. For example if i were to put a vodafone sim into the iPhone would i be able to use the web browser using the vodafone internet.

amedina

Sep 22, 2007
www.flickr.com
I was wondering does the internet work on other carriers. For example if i were to put a vodafone sim into the iPhone would i be able to use the web browser using the vodafone internet.

You certainly can! If the mobile operator has an EDGE capable network, you'll be ok. I bet Vodafone's got such services no problem whatsoever.

I'm using EDGE on a Chilean local mobile carrier, EntelPCS.
So if I can use it, you probably can. Only thing is to know your EDGE settings right.

barry

Oct 9, 2007
You certainly can! If the mobile operator has an EDGE capable network, you'll be ok. I bet Vodafone's got such services no problem whatsoever.

I'm using EDGE on a Chilean local mobile carrier, EntelPCS.
So if I can use it, you probably can. Only thing is to know your EDGE settings right.
Thanks a lot for that i just bought an unlocked iPhone from ebay, so exciteddd.

marcdw

Oct 11, 2007
yes the phone does work on vodafone in australia but vf does not have edge and it is very slow

CurtisS

Oct 16, 2007
Edge settings for UK

Dear Alan,

I'm in the UK too with my iPhone 1.0.2 on Vodafone. What are the correct settings I should use to enable Edge?

Thanks

C

barry

Oct 9, 2007
Dear Alan,

I'm in the UK too with my iPhone 1.0.2 on Vodafone. What are the correct settings I should use to enable Edge?

Thanks

C

Hey i jus found thios out yesterday, Basically what u do is go to settings,
then go to genral, then you go to network. then go to EDGE. then .... Your

APN: internet
Username: web
Password: web

Use those settings it worked for me

BTW im on contract diffrent settings for PAYG

CurtisS

Oct 16, 2007
Voice message?

Dear Barry,

could you also tell me what to do to get my Voicemail working like it should... I don't seem to be able to open the special iPhone Voicemail page - it just stays on whichever Phone Tab it was on previously (ie Contacts or Keypad...)

Thanks

C

Dec 28, 2007
If i buy a iPhone unlocked will i have to pay any extra charges for i.e Safari (internet) or is it free. Also i would like to know are unlocked iPhones the same as contract iPhones from the O2 shop. Many Thanks Flanneryryan93

Apr 22, 2008
Tmobil Edge settings for iPhone

I just unlocked my iPhone to use with tmobile and everyt thing works great but I don't have internet. does any one know what the edge settings are for tmobile. Thank you

p7jnp

Apr 17, 2008
I have a unlocked iPhone. I set up with Orange to have off peak internet browsing but after just speaking with orange they tell me I need to know my WAP settings? Any ideas anyone?

nairny

May 7, 2008
Dorset UK
great

cheers barry, I put those settings in for Vodafone in the UK and they work like a dream, even though Vodafone told me they did not support iPhone, nice one

colski78

Apr 25, 2009
hi
im having terrible troublw with my unlocked iPhone.im on vodafone uk and cannot connect to the internet the only way i can is through wi-fi.ive put the correct settings in internet web web there is no edge present in settings and people on the forums say you need edge present but its not there.
help!

colski78

Apr 25, 2009
hi im having terrible trouble with my unlockediPhone on vodafone network.the only way i can connect to the internet is through wi fi but one im out the house i obviously cant use it anymore.ive got internet web web in the settings but there is no edge present in the settings for some reason please help

jennyleac

Jul 10, 2010
Is it possible to get the 10 dollar internet plan for tmobile with the unlocked iPhone? Will it recognize it and be able to work?