Internet speeds in airports(Vegas)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

whale_hunter

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
I'm heading to Vegas (poker) next week. Just wondering what kind of internet speeds you guys have received from EDGE in major airports? I'm traveling out of Ohare.
Is WiFi avaliable in the airports?
If not is Edge pretty good?

Then for anyone who lives in or has traveled to Vegas. What kind of speeds can I expect in or around the Strip?
I imagine a lot of WiFi spots, but I could be wrong.

Thanks for the help guys.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
I'd imagine you would be surrounded by wifi in the airport, and probably most of vegas!

My experiences with edge were pretty good!

Good luck on your game!

;)

whale_hunter

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
Thanks guys.

Before I bought the iPhone I was planning on lugging my Laptop all the way to Vegas... wasn't thrilled with that thought.
iPhone is perfect for these kinds of trips.

Thanks for the well wishes, It can't hurt.:)

Let me ask another question in here in case it's already been asked. I don't want to flood the forum with my posts.

Why doesn't iTunes make more movies available for download? What am I missing?
They have had movies for a year or so and the selection is awful.

Anyone know why?

Sep 16, 2007
tv shows

don't know if that answers your question but it is related to iTunes and tv shows:

nbc stopped working with Apple

"We are disappointed to see NBC leave iTunes because we would not agree to their dramatic price increase,” said Eddy Cue, Apple’s vice president of iTunes. “We hope they will change their minds and offer their TV shows to the tens of millions of iTunes customers.”
as far as I know, Apple has contracts with fox and abc

whale_hunter

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
don't know if that answers your question but it is related to iTunes and tv shows:

nbc stopped working with Apple

"We are disappointed to see NBC leave iTunes because we would not agree to their dramatic price increase,” said Eddy Cue, Apple’s vice president of iTunes. “We hope they will change their minds and offer their TV shows to the tens of millions of iTunes customers.”​
as far as I know, Apple has contracts with fox and abc
I was more wondering about regular movies. I mean, they were promoting Zoolander like it was the best thing they had going?

Shouldnt they have like 8 million movies available?

divabimbers

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
Arizona
I was more wondering about regular movies. I mean, they were promoting Zoolander like it was the best thing they had going?

Shouldnt they have like 8 million movies available?
Whale_hunter, I think it's because of negotiations with movie studios. Seems the entire media is leery of how successful Apple is doing with the iTunes store so there isn't many yet. It kind of is a pity but I'll stick with mainly DVDs for now until there's more closed-captioning in iTMS (selection's paltry at the moment). Plus, I sometimes like watching the extra features on DVDs.