Intriguing App for Videos

Dazzle7000

Bronze
Sep 4, 2010
Northern California
One reason I can't wait to update from OS 4.0.1 is so I can get an app that will allow me to get closeups in videos. I spend a lot of time in a beautiful park in Walnut Creek, CA, photographing the breathtaking trees and the birds, mainly crows and the occasional bluebird. I can get still closeups but not video closeups and I was even wondering if video closeups were do-able with the iPhone camera till I came across an app for that. I couldn't download it because my firmware was old and I got a message when I tried to download it that my firmware needed to be updated. Has anyone tried this app? Do you love it?

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
What phone do you have? The iPhone 4 has digital zoom, it sucks but it has one.

Dazzle7000

Bronze
Sep 4, 2010
Northern California
I have the 4. It has digital zoom for still photos and it's okay as long as you keep the phone perfectly still when you shoot. I read somewhere on this forum someone asking if anyone made a tripod for the iPhone. That would be useful to have if it's available. I would post some pics I took today that are closeups and they're pretty good, but I forget how to post pictures. A few of then had to be deleted because the phone moved a tiny bit and they were blurry.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Sorry I read your first post wrong, my bad. Camera genius has video zoom but once again, it's not that great. I use the app mainly fir photos.

Dazzle7000

Bronze
Sep 4, 2010
Northern California
Sorry I read your first post wrong, my bad. Camera genius has video zoom but once again, it's not that great. I use the app mainly fir photos.
I just downloaded it. I don't see where it says it does video closeups but haven't used it yet. The app I was thinking of is not there; maybe it's in a different section. Have you used the closeup that comes with the camera for photos? I think it's pretty good as long as you keep the phone completely still. This app you use says it has anti-shake technology. I'll see if it works. Sometimes these apps claim they do something that you find out they really don't do or do really poorly. I find a lot of them don't live up to their claims and I wish Apple clamped down on them. I would think they wouldn't get approved in the first place but they do.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
When you start video recording once you touch the screen the zoom-in bar shows up at the bottom, the closer you go the more blurry it gets. Unfortunately I don't see a way around that, it's not the app's fault.
I love camera genius, haven't used the photo stock app since I bought it.

Attachments

Dazzle7000

Bronze
Sep 4, 2010
Northern California
When you start video recording once you touch the screen the zoom-in bar shows up at the bottom, the closer you go the more blurry it gets. Unfortunately I don't see a way around that, it's not the app's fault.
I love camera genius, haven't used the photo stock app since I bought it.
Just tried the Genius app and I think I'm going to like it!
Has a lot of features. But where are the instructions?