Introduce Upcoming Apps Here

bsharp

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA
With iPhone 2.0 and the App Store just around the corner, is it possible for developers to tell us about their soon-to-be-released applications or are they bound by some Apple Nondisclosure Agreement?

I'd like to know what's coming from third party developers.

Strut your stuff! Tell us what we can expect from you!

bsharp

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I think that was just a rude response. He's trying to say that this post failed because no one posted to it.

My hunch is that no one wants to say what's coming up because they don't want to endanger their relationship with Apple or because they've signed an NDA with Apple. So, until Apple approves them, they keep quiet.

Personally, I just want to know what I can look forward to when the App Store arrives.

I think no one has posted to it because they are all in the iPhone 3G discussions... All the hype is over in that area for the most part...
I too would like to know what kinds of apps(and how much money I have to set aside) we can look forward too but as u stated people will most likely not respond...

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
hi guys what's to stop some developer coming on covertly and with at least some hints. Do you honestly think Apple are spying on this forum looking with interest. Surely if that was the case we'd have all the things people have been looking for..... MMS bla de bla de bla....;)

bsharp

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA
hi Do you honestly think Apple are spying on this forum looking with interest.:
No, but a Non Disclosure Agreement should be taken seriously, especially if it's with Apple (if that is indeed what is stopping developers from "spilling the beans").

The very fact that no one is on these boards boasting about some upcoming product is a little suspicious.

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
No, but a Non Disclosure Agreement should be taken seriously, especially if it's with Apple (if that is indeed what is stopping developers from "spilling the beans").

The very fact that no one is on these boards boasting about some upcoming product is a little suspicious.
I am sure youre correct not long to wait anyway. its getting to the stage were I can't eat an Apple now adays without checking it for listening devices:p

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
If I were a developer I wouldn't give any hints on what I am planning on releasing for fear that another developer would see it and think they could do that too. Competition is great for the consumer but not that great for the developer. Plus they are (hopefully) so busy creating works of art getting ready to present us with refined great gorgeous programs that they don't have time to read these. ;-)

bsharp

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA
If I were a developer I wouldn't give any hints on what I am planning on releasing for fear that another developer would see it and think they could do that too.
You may be right. However, the release date is just around the corner. I would think of this as an advance-marketing opportunity. If you're a developer and you're afraid someone might steal your idea, and write a better program in a week or two, perhaps your program is not be that great in the first place.:(

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
You may be right. However, the release date is just around the corner. I would think of this as an advance-marketing opportunity. If you're a developer and you're afraid someone might steal your idea, and write a better program in a week or two, perhaps your program is not be that great in the first place.:(
But that is only true if we are assuming that all new software will be released on day one. I am sure there will be a lot of programs that are in the works but will not be available immediately upon the store opening. If I were developing a new note program and released information on what I plan on writing, whether I will have it completed by release day or not, someone else could think about my idea and then start developing it as well. Sure it may not be released as soon as the original one will be but they will still be competing against my concept. I would rather create it and release it as a surprise, then while others then have the opportunity to see it and decide to create their own, I can then take customer input and release modifications of mine to keep up with the competition (hopefully). But if I were to release that information ahead of time then both versions of the same type of program could come out at the same time (roughly) and I could potentially loose a good part of the market as others tried the other version before even giving mine a chance. If that makes sense.

ScottNWDW

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
I know the developer of Pocket Informant has stated in his blogs that he cannot release any information or show screen shots of the upcoming release of Pocket Informant due to the NDA.

bsharp

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I know the developer of Pocket Informant has stated in his blogs that he cannot release any information or show screen shots of the upcoming release of Pocket Informant due to the NDA.
Thanks, Scott.

That does make sense.