Introducing Enhanced Search

Christopher Meinck

Administrator
Administrator
Sep 13, 2008
In addition to managing communities, I'm also someone who has used all sorts of forums over the past 10 years. One consistent has been my frustration with the lack of quality search results within forums. That's why I'm super excited to announced Enhanced Search here at everythingiCafe.com.
  • You'll enjoy more relevant results when searching the forums.
  • There are no minimums when it comes to word length. As an example, try searching for 'dog'.
  • The new search features a stemming analyzer. Let's say you search for tests, it's smart enough to return tested, testing and similar words.
  • It's faster and will reduce server load.
Enjoy the new enhanced search feature!
-Chris

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Would these feature upgrades explain the buggiest of the app over the last three days.
Unfortunately no. The app is on my radar, but nothing imminent right now with regards to updates. The tried and true method of deleting, restarting your iPhone and reinstalling is still the best method I know to remove any oddities you may be experiencing.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I thought the search feature was already good, but not good enough I guess from someone that thrives for perfection. Thanks for the hard work, Mr. Meink.