Invalid Password?

yakob89

Bronze
Apr 16, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
Hi so I just recently got a new iPhone 3G from the Apple store because the casing on my other one was cracking. However now I have a new problem. My phone keeps bringing up this ivalid password for voicemail and keeps asking me to enter my password. The problem is I never even set password for my voicemail what should I do should I try and erase everything and then get all my information from backup? Idk any help would be very much appreciated.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Try to restore from backup. If you still get same error(s), call AT&T. They have an option for Voicemail Assistance.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
It could be something to do with your back up so I would restore as a new device. That should clear it.

LDT

Bronze
Aug 19, 2008
Had the same problem with my new 3GS. I called AT&T and they reset it for me but said that the password is your phone number including area code.

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Just dial "1" from your phone. If you've never set up a password, it will take you right in. From there, navigate through the voice menu's until you get to change/set your password. Once you change it, your iPhone will prompt you saying Invalid Password... just put in the new password you created.

yakob89

Bronze
Apr 16, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
Ok so I tried dialing one and for some reason it said "Error performing request No Network Service" I think I'll call AT&T and see if that works thanks for helping out guys I really appreciate it!

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Ok so I tried dialing one and for some reason it said "Error performing request No Network Service" I think I'll call AT&T and see if that works thanks for helping out guys I really appreciate it!
That's really strange. Yep, AT&T is your best bet now. GL!

yakob89

Bronze
Apr 16, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
alright guys I fixed it! I was just retarded I had to go and hold 1 till it went to my voicemail and fixed it and changed the password thanks for the help guys!