Invention of the year!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Morval

Bronze
Oct 23, 2007
Buffalo,NY
time magazine has picked the iPhone as the invention of the year, saying "it has changed phones forever". I say congratulations iPhone good job by you

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
i think someone has already posted this but that's cool.

and i find it unfortunate that this would be "invention of the year" since really it is just a change to technology we already have.

Boosted_Brian

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Isn't every invention that we have had over the last couple years a combination or variation of technology that already exists? Over the short term it might look like we are taking baby steps day by day, but look back 7 years ago when cell phones where typically not affordable by the middle class income.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
Isn't every invention that we have had over the last couple years a combination or variation of technology that already exists?
eh i dunno, i think there are still 'new' ideas that are being overlooked.. and unfortunately i can't think of anything at the moment XD

but i mean, the iPhone was definitely not the first phone to have touch screen or an mp3 player.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
eh i dunno, i think there are still 'new' ideas that are being overlooked.. and unfortunately i can't think of anything at the moment XD

but i mean, the iPhone was definitely not the first phone to have touch screen or an mp3 player.
If you read the article, their claim to its being remarkeable has nothing to do with what it does, but how it does it. User interface and market dynamics are the key areas that Apple hit it big. They're muscling their way of being onto an existing martketplace and succeeding. To that end, the iPhone is revolutionary.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
If you read the article, their claim to its being remarkeable has nothing to do with what it does, but how it does it. User interface and market dynamics are the key areas that Apple hit it big. They're muscling their way of being onto an existing martketplace and succeeding. To that end, the iPhone is revolutionary.
yeah i definitely didn't read the article.