invisible dock?

iversonjai

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
i want a clean springboard, but I cannot get the dock to go away...how can I get rid of it? I have just changed to 1.1.4 and seems so difficult compared to 1.0.2...

iversonjai

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
i wanted to make a 5 icon dock...and i can't do it with customize for some reason...
is there another program out there to do it?

kyle007

Mar 28, 2008
Turkey
Caterpillar is what you need but it's not a free app...

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
I know the transparent dock can be done without Caterpillar. Ive seen many posts with workaround for how to do it. As for the 5 icon dock, Im not sure about that. Just do a search for Transparent Dock and read through some of the posts...

Last edited by a moderator:

kyle007

Mar 28, 2008
Turkey
iMerlin, i said that for 5 icon dock request... ;)

H

Hayesimus

i have a transparent. dock. i didn't use any workaround. I just opened a Dock image in Paint Shop Pro and set the image's transparency to 0% and saved it and then loaded it into the iPhone file directory and VOILA, transparent dock. If that was a workaround its news to me...

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
iMerlin, i said that for 5 icon dock request... ;)
10-4 kyle! I figured as much.

i have a transparent. dock. i didn't use any workaround. I just opened a Dock image in Paint Shop Pro and set the image's transparency to 0% and saved it and then loaded it into the iPhone file directory and VOILA, transparent dock. If that was a workaround its news to me...
Hayes, what program did you use to upload the dock? Just curious, I used to use iBrickr but that doesn't work for me anymore.
I would consider your way a work around since you had to do some work to get around not having Customize. I was able to do this without even needing my PC by using Mobile Finder. I simply found a transparent dock in one of my themes, then I copied and pasted it into the folder of the theme I was using. Then I renamed it to dock.jpg and done.

H

Hayesimus

i'm on 1.1.4 and i used iBrickr

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
i'm on 1.1.4 and i used iBrickr
Did you have to install any kind of patches or anything to get it to work? I downloaded something from Installer called iBrickr fixes but it still didn't work for me. Im on 1.1.3 though, maybe thats why.

H

Hayesimus

i did have to download a fix. I'm guessing its the same thing you did. Did you use ZiPhone? I had to down load a fix related to ZiPhone for iBrickr to work.

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
You know what, I didn't use ZiPhone last time. I used some method posted by Tinman and I cant remember what method that was.
Ill have to try again.

Sorry to hyjack the thread. Back to it....

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I know we've been here before, Hayes, but I still can't figure out how to get transparency. From what I can gather, the corresponding parameter in Photoshop is Opacity, and I'm doing that and it looks great in PS, but does not translate to the iPhone. It just won't do any amount of transparency.

Any PS'ers out there help?

In the meantime, do you mind posting that transparent dock.png ya got there?

H

Hayesimus

sure. here it is...

SBDockBG.png

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
You're a funny guy.

edit: lol... it was actually there. I expected it to be an attachment.

H

Hayesimus

haha
it is there just right click below the "sure. here it is..." and save image as... whateve it says SB blah blah blah. then put it on your phone.

H

Hayesimus

yeah. that was fun. :p

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Worked a treat... thanks Hayes.

I'd still love to know how to achieve this in Photoshop... surely someone out there knows.

H

Hayesimus

to rehash. the image appears invisible in PS. With the black and white checkers behind it. And when you save it, what do you save it as? .png? .jpg? that could make a difference.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
yup, nothing but grey checkers in PS. I save it as a PNG. It even appears blank in Windows Picture and Fax viewer at this point... dump it to the iPhone.... not transparent.

It's so weird.

H

Hayesimus

did you name it correctly? perhaps? SBDockBG.png?