Invisible Shield Adds Bulk

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
Has anyone managed to find a hard skin case, that will fit the iPhone with an Invisible Shield (both front and back)?

I just got back from the Apple store after trying 3 hard cases. None of them would fit, due to the Invisible Shield bulking it up a little. My iPhone is on roids ;)

I don't really want a rubber or silicone case. But my options seem limited. :(

PapaST

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
I use the invishield and or bestskinsever on my iPhone so that I don't have to use a hard case. GL finding something that fits. What about one of those slim fit polycarbonate cases? That might have some give.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I went one step further: I have a Griffin Wave Case and I put that into a Marware CEO Premiere for added protection and a clip. It's a good system. However, I do want a stand as well.

sonicwind

Bronze
May 12, 2008
holy crap, how much protection do you need? I bet you use double condoms, don't you?

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
Will the iPhone fitted with an Invisible Shield fit into the wave case?

I went one step further: I have a Griffin Wave Case and I put that into a Marware CEO Premiere for added protection and a clip. It's a good system. However, I do want a stand as well.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Will the iPhone fitted with an Invisible Shield fit into the wave case?
I doubt it. It's pretty form fitting like most other hard cases.

You might have to go silicone if you want the extra protection.

I definitely know it WILL fit into a Marware CEO Premiere if you want a leather holster.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
holy crap, how much protection do you need? I bet you use double condoms, don't you?
Here's my 3G case recap:

Cases sold out on iDay2. Found an AT&T store selling the v1 Jam Jacket for $9.95. That was great until I found out that the case actually blocked the proximity sensor. :(

Then I found out about the Griffin online sale and got a Wave for $20 with free shipping to Hawaii.

BUT - I really wanted the clear Agent 18 case. And I found it but only AFTER the Griffin already shipped. I went ahead and bought the Agent 18 case. I also bought the Marware CEO Premiere because I wanted some kind of belt holster.

When my Griffin came in, I fell in love with that. The Agent 18 case was great and showed off my white iPhone, but was very slippery. The Griffin Wave case is a blend of hard/soft and had a better grip. You can still see the white backing of the phone but it's not as bright.

So, I'm using the Griffin on a day-to-day basis with the Marware holster. Maybe for special occasions I'll bring out the Agent 18. :p

The next case I get will really need to have a stand so I can watch movies handsfree. :laugh2:

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
Well I went to the Apple store tonight and tried on loads more cases. As expected, none of them fitted, due to the Invisible Shield bulking the phone out. The rubber & silicone cases fitted fine. In the end I decided to go for an Incase Protective Cover (rubber one). I was there for ages and couldn't make my mind up which case to get,

Funny thing is this.

I paid for my case, left the store and was about 500 yards from the store, when 2 guys came running up to me. One uniformed security guy and one plain clothed guy. The plain clothed guy flashed his badge and asked if he could speak to me. He informed me that in one of the case boxes, a case was missing. They had obviously followed me, thinking I had stolen it. I told him I had noticed there was a case missing also in a box and thought to myself "someone has stolen it". I took out my purchased case and offered to show him the receipt and told him he was more than welcome to check what I had on me. The guy start apologizing profusely and said sorry for wasting my time. I told him don't worry about it, he was just doing his job.

Wow.. I'll be on Apples 10 most wanted soon! I'm a gangsta!

Kevio

Bronze
Jul 30, 2008
Rachet City
The 3G will fit into the griffin wave case with the invisible shield on....but it will mess up the invisible shield a bit. I ended up ripping mine off after my capsule rebel case came in.

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
Does that also fit with an Invisible Shield?

I've worked how how to get an iPhone to fit into the rubber case with ease. Just spray a little bit of water into the case and spread the water about. The iPhone then slips in without any problems.

The 3G will fit into the griffin wave case with the invisible shield on....but it will mess up the invisible shield a bit. I ended up ripping mine off after my capsule rebel case came in.

jackz5o

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
New Jersey
Wow.. I'll be on Apples 10 most wanted soon! I'm a gangsta!
Yeah I'm already on there...

I bought a Crystal Film set that I just opened up and started putting on my iPhone right after I paid for it and two Apple guys came up to me and thought I stole it. I just showed them receipt and everything was fine..

If I really stole it wouldn't they think I would at least be smart enough and not open it until I left the store? It's kinda like robbing a bank then just whipping out your laptop in the bank lobby and starting to shop away.

Second time, I was playing around with a MacBook Air and the USB security thing fell out and the entire building's alarm went off :laugh2:

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
I'm not too bothered about the security guards stopping me. They are just doing their job, based on what the sales people have told them.

But when you have a customer in your store, standing at one section for about 20 minutes, with a confused look on his face. Common sense would tell you that this customer "might" need some help. Instead of standing there and gossiping with your friends, how about going over and asking if the customer needs help?

I checked my CC bills this morning and it turns out I have spent over $25k at the Pasadena store in the last 18 months. Yes, I purchased 50 V1 iPhones, unlocked them and sold them on. So I would hope I am defined as a good customer there.

None the less, the store manager and Apple customer service will be getting a stern letter from me. Staff at this store obviously need some training.

Only this weekend just gone, I was at the nerd bar regarding my iPhone and the nerd was extremely rude from the get go. It was like he wasn't interested in wanting to listen to me and was fed up of hearing the same old crap from customers. If that's how you feel mate, quit your job and find a job elsewhere! It's the nature of his job to listen to customers who might have the same problem as the last 50 customers!

Yeah I'm already on there...

I bought a Crystal Film set that I just opened up and started putting on my iPhone right after I paid for it and two Apple guys came up to me and thought I stole it. I just showed them receipt and everything was fine..

If I really stole it wouldn't they think I would at least be smart enough and not open it until I left the store? It's kinda like robbing a bank then just whipping out your laptop in the bank lobby and starting to shop away.

Second time, I was playing around with a MacBook Air and the USB security thing fell out and the entire building's alarm went off :laugh2:

Josh22

Aug 9, 2008
3 one time use 20% off Zagg codes

v6zkrk
4ubepf
9mz2kw

Id throw the Zagg Bag in your cart with one of these codes, its a really nice bag:laugh2: