Invisible Shield and iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

How many people order the Invisible Shield

• Total voters

sammyb

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
New York
I just called the company and they said it will be shipping on the 29th,
I also asked about compatibility and they said if there was any problem it could be returned.

liljohn

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
NJ
There it is its invisible! I cant see it, neither can I?

I don't want to take the chance they might just send me a box of air.

rebelace

Bronze
May 30, 2007
Beaumont,Texas
www.thechadburge.com
I had mine on preorder and cancelled it. Its not gonna be useful I don't think. Everyone has said the screen is fine especially with the new glass and that the protectors may inhibit the use of the touch. Now I may get one if my phone does scratch but I am seeing that highly unlikely and thats what 30-day warranties are for because I will probably return it if I spend that much money on something and it scratches that is stupid.

Plus I have heard bad things about if you take them off they leave all kinds of sticky crap behind and it sucks. Plus they say they are "invisible" but they are not I have them on my ds lite and psp and I can tell they are there and it sometimes bothers me.

emerrill

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
Yikes! $25 bucks for a piece of plastic? That seems really expensive.
It's really good stuff. I got it for my nano (1st gen), and it's great, protects it really well, and the capacitance sensing (aka the scroll wheel) works through the plastic. The only down side was that on the nano, it took quite a bit of work to get the back piece to lay right, because of the pretty square corners.

mav

Bronze
May 9, 2007
I had one of those for my old Sidekick 3 and returned it within days. It makes the screen look like crap. You could visibly tell that there is a cheap plastic film on it.

Also I wouldn't recommend that anyone get this for their iPhone just yet. No one even knows if it will be necessary since the device has a built-in tempered glass layer or if screen protectors will even work with the iPhone's multitouch screen.

emerrill

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
I had mine on preorder and cancelled it. Its not gonna be useful I don't think. Everyone has said the screen is fine especially with the new glass and that the protectors may inhibit the use of the touch. Now I may get one if my phone does scratch but I am seeing that highly unlikely and thats what 30-day warranties are for because I will probably return it if I spend that much money on something and it scratches that is stupid.

Plus I have heard bad things about if you take them off they leave all kinds of sticky crap behind and it sucks. Plus they say they are "invisible" but they are not I have them on my ds lite and psp and I can tell they are there and it sometimes bothers me.

The ones that this company makes do not leave behind residue, and because the iPhone uses capacitance sensing, instead of pressure, it should not affect accuracy like they do on pressure screens (like the ds)

Correct, they aren't really invisible, they are very clear, but they change the sheen and surface texture some. It kinda has a 'luster' look to it (between matte and gloss).

emerrill

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
I had one of those for my old Sidekick 3 and returned it within days. It makes the screen look like crap. You could visibly tell that there is a cheap plastic film on it.

Also I wouldn't recommend that anyone get this for their iPhone just yet. No one even knows if it will be necessary since the device has a built-in tempered glass layer or if screen protectors will even work with the iPhone's multitouch screen.
Im curious if you had one from this company, or some other brand. I've had problems with other brands, but not these ones.

emerrill

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
Note, that applying these take water. You of course don't soak the device in it, and water doesn't really kill things unless it really gets in there, but if you are a particularly nervous person, this may bother you.

rebelace

Bronze
May 30, 2007
Beaumont,Texas
www.thechadburge.com
The ones that this company makes do not leave behind residue, and because the iPhone uses capacitance sensing, instead of pressure, it should not affect accuracy like they do on pressure screens (like the ds)

Correct, they aren't really invisible, they are very clear, but they change the sheen and surface texture some. It kinda has a 'luster' look to it (between matte and gloss).
Show me a review where they remove them and show whats left after please.

"Should not" affect isn't good enough for me lol.

And I don't want anything affecting the quality of my $600 phone unless it has to. So I canceled my order to wait until I have the phone in my hand to make that decision. But I personally think its not going to be a problem. I had a little birdy come out from behind a light pole (literally) outside of a bar in san francisco after macworld and told me there would be no problem with smudging or scratching as she over heard me expressing my concerns on the phone to my friend.

DigitalEndorphins

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
I use InvisibleShield on my PSP and its flawless!

If you put it on correctly, it's completely see-through.

And let me tell you, even though they are saying the iPhones glass is scratch resistant, it may be, but only to a point.

To me, the InvShield is worth the extra protection.

So yes, I have one preordered and will put it on immediately.

RHJS

Jun 18, 2007
SoCal
I hate these things..I had one on my PSP before and it had bubbles in it and when I took it off there was some left over sticky stuff from it.

serraghost

Bronze
May 30, 2007
Well I ordered it but when hearing the news about the upgraded glass I canceled it and got a full refund. So I post that I did not want to lie... :laugh2: