Invisible Shield for iPhone 3G

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I know it was mentioned on the site last month, but it appears ZAGG is still offering 20% off the Invisible Shield for the iPhone 3G. Just ordered mine in advance of Friday. It says orders will begin shipping the week of July 7th, so I'm hoping it'll show up before Friday. I'll of course post pictures of the process.

Photos of the iPhone 3G unboxing showed massive fingerprints, so that cemented my decision to get the Invisible Shield.

-Chris

Last edited:

Marino

Jun 7, 2008
Macon, GA
Just so I'm clear, using the shield AND a case is a big no no? I saw the video of that guy who tried to put an Agent18 over teh sheild.

And can you remove the shield if you want to switch to a case? Or is it permanent?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Just so I'm clear, using the shield AND a case is a big no no? I saw the video of that guy who tried to put an Agent18 over teh sheild.

And can you remove the shield if you want to switch to a case? Or is it permanent?
The shield doesn't add any bulk to the device, so I don't see why you couldn't use a case with it.

You can remove the shield pretty easily. I installed it on my MacBook Air, but then pulled it off when I returned the MBA.

Last edited:

crupp

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
Atlanta
I think I am just going to do the back. I like the smooth feel of the glass. My experience is the invisible shield does have a more tacky feel to it

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I think I am just going to do the back. I like the smooth feel of the glass. My experience is the invisible shield does have a more tacky feel to it
I ordered the full body, but I agree. I might pull the front off, given the durability of the iPhone screen. I pulled it off my MBA trackpad for the same reason.

NateEssex

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
NJ
Do you guys who use/will use the Invisible Shield also use a holster or some case? Do you just keep it in your pocket?

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
Do you guys who use/will use the Invisible Shield also use a holster or some case? Do you just keep it in your pocket?
I've been using invisible shields for a few years now on all my phones and i always use cases and covers to change the look of my phone without any problems. The invisible shield is so thin it takes up virtually no space and using a case or cover of some sort is never a problem. So, yes, i use them together. You could go without, and slip it into your pocket, but i always use them together.

BTW - I ordered three full body sets one for me one for hubby and one extra in case me or hubby mess one up when we install it. :laugh2:

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
I've been using invisible shields for a few years now on all my phones and i always use cases and covers to change the look of my phone without any problems. The invisible shield is so thin it takes up virtually no space and using a case or cover of some sort is never a problem. So, yes, i use them together. You could go without, and slip it into your pocket, but i always use them together.

BTW - I ordered three full body sets one for me one for hubby and one extra in case me or hubby mess one up when we install it. :laugh2:
How good are these full-body sets cause I see them in the EiC store but im not sure if its ya kno. . .:sick:

crupp

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
Atlanta
Just got off the phone with IS to get an estimate on the ship date of my shields. OK, sit down! Orders placed in July are shipping July 25th! Just thought those who ordered may want to know so they can make other arrangements, if needed, until they ship.

Perplex

Silver
Jul 5, 2008
Columbus, GA
www.myspace.com
Just got off the phone with IS to get an estimate on the ship date of my shields. OK, sit down! Orders placed in July are shipping July 25th! Just thought those who ordered may want to know so they can make other arrangements, if needed, until they ship.
Dude exactly! Well my situation isn't that bad, but bad enough.
I ordered mines in like near the end of June, and they told me mines would ship beginning July 7th. I chatted with an online rep yesterday, and he said mines haven't shipped yet, but should be sometime soon -- he wouldn't even give me a date!

My white iPhone will be too naked for comfort!

Joon

Bronze
Jul 14, 2007
Which is better, bodyguardz or invisible shield? I realized when I took the clear case off my iPhone how much I love this phone when it is not bulky. I would like to get one of these products and give them a try.

dinosaur1

Silver
Nov 10, 2007
same here i tried artwizz.com and i loved their case for my old iPhone, but its too bulky. how is the reliability of this thing and does it bubble up?

NateEssex

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
NJ
same here i tried artwizz.com and i loved their case for my old iPhone, but its too bulky. how is the reliability of this thing and does it bubble up?
Same question here!

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
Same question here!
It does not bubble at all. You could experience a few bubbles from the get go though if not installed correctly. Over time the corners can collect dirt and start to peel escpecialy if you work construction or any outdoor job but with free lifetime guarantee they will always send you a new one for free! This product is SOOOOO much better than a bulky case.

MoFunz

Jun 27, 2008
Any reviews on how the touch screen reacts under the plastic? Im anxious to protect my new toy, but don't want to de-sensitize the screen!

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
Any reviews on how the touch screen reacts under the plastic? Im anxious to protect my new toy, but don't want to de-sensitize the screen!
It works just fine and also greatly cuts down on smudges and fingerprints.

jackz5o

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
New Jersey
I just ordered my Invisible Shield last night, but shipping ETA is 1-2 weeks..

BTW, if you use PCWORLD20 at the end of checkout, you get 20% off.