Invisible Shield vs Bodyguardz: My Review

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
Over the last couple of weeks, I've been luck (or unlucky) enough to have tried both the Invisible Shield and Bodyguardz. Just want to give anyone out there who is still undecided which one to get, an opinion on both.

Invisible Shield

• Very easy to install, as the back is not too tacky, so it won't stick to your hands. Downside is that the corners are a total pain to stick down.
  • The shield seems to have like an orange peel effect. I personally did not like this.
  • Bubbles come out very quickly after installation. Within 24/48 hours ish.
  • Shield has a very rubbery effect, which can cause a lot of problems, when trying to slide the phone into a case. You will need to lightly moisten the shield first.
  • My shield (front) started to develop these weird lines up and down the screen. These lines actually started to grow and cause visual interference with the screen. This was the main reason for me returning the shield.
Bodyguardz

• A little more difficult to install, as the back is a lot more tacky, even after spraying with liquid. But the corners went down extremely well. Just don't go nuts spraying the corners too much.
  • Due to the extra tackiness, you will get more bubbles under the shield.
  • Bubbles take on average 4/7 days to dissipate. I can see people thinking they have installed the skin wrong and will take it off and try a new sheet. Be patient and give it a week.
  • Covers more of the iPhone than the Invisible shield. But they both offer excellent protection.
  • The shield has a more smoother feel to the rubbery feel of the Invisible Shield. I prefer this feel when running your fingers over the screen.
  • You get 2 sets of shields with Bodyguardz, and this is great, if you mess up the first installation.
Overall I have to say I would recommend the Bodyguardz.

Hope it helps :)

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
Wow if only I would have read this before I bought my invisible shield and completely messed it up. Thanks for future reference

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
Did you send it back?

The corners are an art in themselves. The reason they do not stick, is because they are too wet. Use a hair dryer (cold setting) and dry the corners off (5 second blasts), you will notice they stick perfectly then.

Well I messed up on the corners pretty bad , and I didn't like the material of it anyway , it felt too sticky.

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
no i didn't send it back , I read that they wont replace it due to installation errors , so I was like w/e. I think Im going to get the incase slider , it looks like a cool case

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
You could have just called them and said you didn't like it and returned it on their 30 day warranty. That is what I did. Wasn't much of a shield to send back, but they got it back and they issued me the refund.

no i didn't send it back , I read that they wont replace it due to installation errors , so I was like w/e. I think Im going to get the incase slider , it looks like a cool case

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
You could have just called them and said you didn't like it and returned it on their 30 day warranty. That is what I did. Wasn't much of a shield to send back, but they got it back and they issued me the refund.
wow. I should have done that Im so dumb.

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
Have you checked out these cases:

http://www.seidioonline.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=2460

I'm going to get the case & holster. I like the whole holster thing, as I don't have to mess about with putting my phone in my pocket.
Im looking for a case that will cover the whole phone and not increase the thickness, or make it hard to get out of my pocket ,plastic is alright too.

What material is that case made out of?

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
I am thinking it is a hard skin, plastic I guess.

You don't want to increase the thickness, but you want it to be rubbery so it stays in your pocket? There's only one thing that does that man. That's the *ahem Invisible Shield.

Either that or something like a silicone case.

Im looking for a case that will cover the whole phone and not increase the thickness, or make it hard to get out of my pocket ,plastic is alright too.

What material is that case made out of?

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
Noooo I want it so it doesn't stick to my pockets, I've had a couple of silicone cases and I never liked them.

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
Oh, I misread. I thought you wanted something that would stay in your pocket.

Then go for the Bodyguardz. That will increase the thickness to about .2mm though ;)

No matter what case you get, it will increase the thickness of the phone.

Noooo I want it so it doesn't stick to my pockets, I've had a couple of silicone cases and I never liked them.

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
Oh, I misread. I thought you wanted something that would stay in your pocket.

Then go for the Bodyguardz. That will increase the thickness to about .2mm though ;)

No matter what case you get, it will increase the thickness of the phone.
yes I know , some cases just make it really fatter than others.
Im still leaning towards the incase slider.

Aug 28, 2008
I was looking to get the Invisible Shield after reading the "tips for installing Invis" thread I had second thoughts. A lot of people are like you, being disappointed at the final results. I wish I could talk to more people or read some more reviews in the BodyGuardz before I buy. Is their a BodyGuardz thread on this or another board?

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.