Invisible Shield Yes or No?

spud2007

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Purchase a shield or not? That's the ultimate question. Do I need to cover up my beautiful iPhone screen with a protector? Is it worth it? I welcome your advice.

tylerdw89

Jul 3, 2007
Yes, but go with the Crystal shield that you can find on Apple.com or at an Apple store. Supposedly they are easier to install and feel more like the original screen.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I have a Bodyguardz kit, which is similar. The screen protector piece is worth putting on the phone, because then you know that keys and coins and all sorts of other nasty, evil objects won't be scratching it.

spud2007

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Can you tell you have a shield on it? Barely? and which shield? Brand etc

Martlet

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
Can you tell you have a shield on it? Barely? and which shield? Brand etc
Here's a quick photo of my phone with the iQase FILM on it. It's the best position/light I could get it at to show how visible the shield is. You can see it's there because of the oval around the ear speaker where it's cut out.

Otherwise, it's just that clear and shiny, feels like glass, and if you don't hold it at an angle like the photo with the screen off, you can't really see it at all (you can't see the edges on the sides at all, it's really just the cut outs that are visible if you try hard.

As for install, watch the YouTube video linked on their page...

http://iqase.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=3

...it really is that easy.

Attachments

Lazarus

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
Miami
go with bestskinsever.com it's the best and cheapest. i put it on in less than 10min with not a single air bubble and you can only feel the difference, it looks just like it did out of the box, superb

spud2007

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
which one? Invisible shield or Support Crystal Film Set for iPhone?

sickmunkeyz

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
bestskinsever is the same as invisible shield but only 7.99 with tax and shipped. I recommend that.

neo

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
murf, Tn
I just put on the Boxwave today, really like it went on fairly easy, also have the bestskinever coming. But right now i am happy with the boxwave, i like the feel of it over the bare screen

sacsig

Jul 7, 2007
I purchased the crystal film from the Apple store. It took less than 2 minutes to apply. This protector is awesome, anyone that holds it can't even tell it is there. It has a great feel to it as well. My favorite part though is after one swipe across my shirt sleeve it is smudge free.

Platinum

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
I tried the InvisibleShield and hated the feel of it when using the touch screen. I bought the Crystal Film from Apple and I love it, so easy to apply and use.

bcaslis

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Oregon
Purchase a shield?: Yes
Purchase invisibleshield?: No

I had it and hated it (although I like it on an iPod). The fit just wasn't right and it's too gripy for the iPhone.

I'm using the crystal film available at Apple stores for the screen. I'll probably get the bodyguardz for the whole iPhone since it covers the chrome area and invisibleshield doesn't.

Purchase a shield or not?