Invisible Shield?

Sep 23, 2008
Michigan
Just got my iPhone 3g on Christmas, im very happy with it and i would like to protect the screen. i went to bestbuy yesterday and the sales person told me i should buy the Invisible Shield by ZAGG, is this a good shield? it comes with some spray that you spray on the shield and then stick it on the iPhone if i put this on will it ever come off?

Is there any other brands that would be better?
They give a website on the box-- Zagg.com

Joe

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
The invisibleSHIELD protectors have an *excellent* reputation, and have had for some time.

They are a b**ch to put on, but they have a good instructional video how-to on their site (and HERE is another good one) - and once it's on you get superb protection.

Last edited by a moderator:

s8n666

Bronze
Oct 3, 2008
I have the invisible sheild and it's been on since summer. Worksgreat but to say it's a ***** to put on is an understatement. Final effect is great. Full protection without looking like it has any.

Sep 23, 2008
Michigan
OK thanks a lot,

It says on the box that after i put it on i should wait 12-24 hours before i use it; why // would an overnight 12 hours be good? or wait the whole 24

If i mess up with putting it on is there any way to redo the install or am i stuck once i put it on the iPhone?

Could the shield ever come off once i put it on

Anything else that i should be aware of before i put it on?

s8n666

Bronze
Oct 3, 2008
You can start using it soon after applying the sheild, but it's probably best to leave it over night.
While applying the shield, as long as it's wet you can keep moving it around until it's perfect. It's a pain in the ass to get it exact. ( front is simple, the back is finicky). Once it's on, it's on for good. You probably could remove it later but I don't think it would be any good to reapply. It won't come off accidentally and once it is on you will hardly even notice it's there.

Josh Yates

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2007
Orion, MI
Did you get a white or black iPhone? The Invisible Shield is a GREAT product and it does what is advertised. HOWEVER, a word of caution if you have a white iPhone, the shield takes on the color of your pockets. Blue jeans make the shield get a "blue" tint. VERY light, but it's there. Also, the corners collect pocket lint and dirt. If you have a white iPhone, you WILL see all of the above. I do and it bothers me. I assume (and from what I've heard it is the case) that the shield looks much better on the black iPhone.

I LOVE the protection, HATE the lint and tint. Just my $.02.

ITouch1234

Sep 23, 2008
Michigan
yes I have a white iPhone, and we ordered the invisible shield from zagg front and back, I'm hoping that it dosent collect lint like you said, if this happens can I clean it?

mittenman

Silver
Jul 25, 2007
Nowhere, Mitten
yes I have a white iPhone, and we ordered the invisible shield from zagg front and back, I'm hoping that it dosent collect lint like you said, if this happens can I clean it?
I use an Invisible shield and love the thing. I ended up removing the screen cover and went back to my Power Support anti-glare film though. I didn't care for the feel of the IS on the screen, and it blurs the screen more than the films.

Josh Yates

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2007
Orion, MI
Unfortunately, you cannot clean the Shield. However, once it gets gunked up, you can get a free brand new Shield from Zagg. It will cost you $4 each time, but it's free. I'm about to send in my second Shield since September 08.

Sep 23, 2008
Michigan
Unfortunately, you cannot clean the Shield. However, once it gets gunked up, you can get a free brand new Shield from Zagg. It will cost you $4 each time, but it's free. I'm about to send in my second Shield since September 08.

Ok, I thought if an idea of using a mr. Clean majic eraser to clean the the back of the shield, it usually takes anything off so I'll give that a try

danipoak

Silver
Dec 13, 2007
Not Alaska
It will cost you $4 each time yet it's free? How does that work?

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
It will cost you $4 each time yet it's free? How does that work?
I laughed at that too; $4 shipping.

Luckily, I live is SoCal - land of convenience. There's a vendor at the local mall that sells Zagg products, almost exclusively. They did my install, and they replace shields for free. I love it.

danipoak

Silver
Dec 13, 2007
Not Alaska
I live where there is a zagg store close by. How do you prove to them that you bought the shield? I need to get a new one on my iPod.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
I live where there is a zagg store close by. How do you prove to them that you bought the shield? I need to get a new one on my iPod.
Not sure how it works. I had to register with this vendor, so I'm not sure they would help someone who didn't buy it from them. Your best bet is to call, or drop by.

iPhoneMonster

Bronze
Jan 18, 2009
Go buy it at best buy and ask them to install it for you. (I did it in H.K and went on a holiday to the us and went with a friend to get it done for his iPod Touch) The guy messed it up and got a new piece to install. Installation was free.