Invisible statUSBar with istatUSBar.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I'm not sure how well it works, I don't need it since I'm jailbroken but I hate it that statusbar black. Maybe if someone buys it can use this thread to upload some wallpaper for other to use too.

TH55

Bronze
Oct 30, 2011
So I unfortunately just tried this and have to report that it does not work. While it does lighten the status bar, it is still clearly visible. Thanks anyway, is there any way to fully remove it when jailbroken?

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
So I unfortunately just tried this and have to report that it does not work. While it does lighten the status bar, it is still clearly visible. Thanks anyway, is there any way to fully remove it when jailbroken?
Transparent StatusBar for iOS4 (Winterboard Theme) works.

Edit: I beg your pardon, this (the jb app) makes the status bar itself "invisible" but all the graphic elements like battery, clock, signal bars, etc. are still there.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
Transparent StatusBar for iOS4 (Winterboard Theme) works.

Edit: I beg your pardon, this makes the status bar itself "invisible" but all the graphic elements like battery, clock, signal bars, etc. are still there.
So Kadelic, are you saying that the App (non jailbreak App) does actually work and makes the Status bar itself invisible or are you saying that the jailbreak Transparent StatusBar makes the Status Bar invisible?

I'm sorry, I just need clarity, the statement confused me, not sure which you were posting the bottom edit for.

Sorry in advance if I am confusing you with the question. :oops:

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
So Kadelic, are you saying that the App (non jailbreak App) does actually work and makes the Status bar itself invisible or are you saying that the jailbreak Transparent StatusBar makes the Status Bar invisible?

I'm sorry, I just need clarity, the statement confused me, not sure which you were posting the bottom edit for.

Sorry in advance if I am confusing you with the question. :oops:
The App Store app works with really dark wallpapers, but it not light ones. It failed to make them transparent, IME.

The Cydia app works as advertised and makes them transparent. See link in post #13. We posted screenshots.