invisibleSHIELD and iPhone XOXO

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Oct 8, 2007
I just got my iPhone last week and I LUV it! I had a Moto Slvr before and this iPhone does so much more. I almost returned the iPhone because of the keyboard but a smart friend told me to stick it out and now I LUV it. I have friends who haven't bought an iPhone because they "heard some bad things" about the iPhone but I haven't found anything really bad.

I ordered the invisibleShield from the EverythingiPhone store.
Does everyone like their invisibleshield and does it protect the iPhone well?

http://store.everythingiPhone.com/content/accessories/4-133--2654.htm

Dawgfan

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I just got my iPhone last week and I LUV it! I had a Moto Slvr before and this iPhone does so much more. I almost returned the iPhone because of the keyboard but a smart friend told me to stick it out and now I LUV it. I have friends who haven't bought an iPhone because they "heard some bad things" about the iPhone but I haven't found anything really bad.

I ordered the invisibleShield from the EverythingiPhone store.
Does everyone like their invisibleshield and does it protect the iPhone well?

http://store.everythingiPhone.com/content/accessories/4-133--2654.htm
I hate to be the bearer of bad news and some may disagree with me.

I have used the IS on everything from GPS, PSP, DS, Blackberrys,etc and the IS is great. However, the IS on the iPhone, IMO, takes away from the clarity of the screen and is too "rubbery" in feel.

The Crystal Film you can buy at the Apple Store (I am not used to the simple solution being such a GOOD solution) is the best I have seen for the iPhone. The coolest part is no solution/soapy water is required to put it on. ALSO, you can take it off and reapply it. I did it the other day as I saw a slight imperfection and had to make sure it wasn't the screen of my iPhone. It wasn't as it was just the film doing its job.

RchGrav

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
I hate to be the bearer of bad news and some may disagree with me.

I have used the IS on everything from GPS, PSP, DS, Blackberrys,etc and the IS is great. However, the IS on the iPhone, IMO, takes away from the clarity of the screen and is too "rubbery" in feel.

The Crystal Film you can buy at the Apple Store (I am not used to the simple solution being such a GOOD solution) is the best I have seen for the iPhone. The coolest part is no solution/soapy water is required to put it on. ALSO, you can take it off and reapply it. I did it the other day as I saw a slight imperfection and had to make sure it wasn't the screen of my iPhone. It wasn't as it was just the film doing its job.
usually, I wouldn't recommend using it on the screen, but for the rest of the body its great!.. So install it on the body, and a crystal film on the screen.. PERFECTO!

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
usually, I wouldn't recommend using it on the screen, but for the rest of the body its great!.. So install it on the body, and a crystal film on the screen.. PERFECTO!
Yep, I've done something similar: BSE on the body, Crystal Film on the screen. Oh, I also have it in an Incase sleeve for even more protection (and it has helped!).

--
Mike

gerstyd

Bronze
Sep 17, 2007
Does anyone know how to clean the "sticky" part of the crystal shield form Apple? I have one on my phone, and one that I screwed up putting on, and now it has lint all over it. Any suggestions?

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
Does anyone know how to clean the "sticky" part of the crystal shield form Apple? I have one on my phone, and one that I screwed up putting on, and now it has lint all over it. Any suggestions?
Toss that one in the garbage and start over. Seriously, to the best of my knowledge you cannot clean it unless you are not a neat freak. I am somewhat OCD when it comes to screens. I CONSTANTLY clean, wipe, clean, wipe, ugg, never ends. I used the crystal screen protector and kept the phone in my pocket. It was a sweet deal until about 4 days in, that was when I started to notice the dreaded pocket lint migrating under the screen! What was the most perfect screen application on the planet (the 5th time was a charm!) was not seeing small specs of dust under there. I thought I could deal, apparently I could not.

After that I went naked. It felt really good, cleaned the screen with the same frequency, but then got a case for the walkabout and biking. I went with the DLO hip case thing and have not looked back.

http://www.dlo.com/Products/HipCase_Prod.tpl?command=showpage&cart=11918612906019334

Granted it does not protect when out of the case, but it more then suited my needs for carrying it at work and when I commute to/from work by bike. It stays firmly on the hip and the flap stays closed very well!

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
I forgot to add one thing on the application of the screen film. Find the cleanest place in the house and clean it more before you start! I was able to do mine in a sterile suit at a pharmaceutical company right before we did our annual shutdown for maintenance (when we compromise the sterility - so don't panic! this is not allowed anytime other then when we are going to declassify the rooms). I used powder-free sterile latex gloves under laminar flow with tyvek sleeves on. Perfection was had! So do what you can to make EVERYTHING around you as clean as you can before you even start. After you are read get that film on ASAP and if you can do a one shot or scrap and start over.

gerstyd

Bronze
Sep 17, 2007
I forgot to add one thing on the application of the screen film. Find the cleanest place in the house and clean it more before you start! I was able to do mine in a sterile suit at a pharmaceutical company right before we did our annual shutdown for maintenance (when we compromise the sterility - so don't panic! this is not allowed anytime other then when we are going to declassify the rooms). I used powder-free sterile latex gloves under laminar flow with tyvek sleeves on. Perfection was had! So do what you can to make EVERYTHING around you as clean as you can before you even start. After you are read get that film on ASAP and if you can do a one shot or scrap and start over.

Wow....lol...I have never heard of someone cleaning their phone in a clean room. I thought I was anal about it...heh. Thanks for the advice. I thought I would have to throw it away, but thought I would ask. I do have the second one that comes in the pack on my phone, and it looks great. No bubbles or anything. I do wish it fit a little more exact, but whatever, my case hides it well. Thanks again.