InvisibleShield on back?

srose

Bronze
Jun 10, 2008
Hi
Do you think I should bother putting the Invisible Shield on my new 3GS? I just got it today and it is still packaged. Does the back scratch easily? I hate applying the Invisible Shield but I would like to hear what other people would recommend me doing.

Thanks

akaremo44

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
That is all I have on mine
Looks great and holds up well

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007
Ya, IS is great. Makes the back a bit more tacky so you are less likely to drop it, too.

When you put it on, be careful not to get the liquid on the screen. I don't think anyone has any reports of what can damage the screen's coating, but I wouldn't take any chances with any chemicals, if possible. Just a thought.

srose

Bronze
Jun 10, 2008
Hi
I have just realized that I have run out of the spray needed. Is there any alternative that I can use?

Last edited by a moderator:

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007
Hi
I have just realized that I have run out of the spray needed. Is there any alternative that I can use?
a touch of soap with water.

Last edited by a moderator:

jlhollander

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
Chicago, IL
The bottle that comes with the invisible shield says that if you should run out, just fill it with a bit of warm water and shake. there is enough solution in the bottle to last for a couple of applications.

ipwn3gs

Bronze
Jul 12, 2009
bestskinsever.com gives you full body for 10 bucks with shipping and they don't lag the shipping.

i am very very happy with it. barley noticeable and definitely tough

srose

Bronze
Jun 10, 2008
Hi
I have decided not to bother with the IS.
Instead I might buy a pouch for it.
I was looking at the Sena Ultra Slim Pouch

What do you guys think of that?

Thanks

akaremo44

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
bestskinsever.com gives you full body for 10 bucks with shipping and they don't lag the shipping.

i am very very happy with it. barley noticeable and definitely tough
How long does your shield last? I usually get 4-5 months out of my Invisi shield before I have to install a new one. I keep a back up so I can send the old one in for a replacement.

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
I have IS only on the back too. Ensures a good grip of the phone.

ipwn3gs

Bronze
Jul 12, 2009
How long does your shield last? I usually get 4-5 months out of my Invisi shield before I have to install a new one. I keep a back up so I can send the old one in for a replacement.

I receny got it And ipods and phones ive uwned always get scartch up I recently got it and so far i even been cleaninfnit wit my finger failsto test not even small scratch
not life time warranty but prixe is less than 1/3

bass_lover1

Bronze
Aug 19, 2008
I just took mine off in favor of an otter box defender case.

I liked the simplistic look of the IS, but the entire thing became discolored in about three weeks, and the edges picked up any type of dirt/lint from my pockets. Kind of takes away from to clean look of a white iPhone, really disappointed with it in that aspect.

From a protection stand point, it was perfect, not a single scratch or nick anywhere to be seen, and remove is very simple no residue gets left behind.