InvisibleShield ruins touch sensitivity

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ipod classic

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
Go to youtube and type in exactly what my title says. Apparently it happens when you remove the shield. The touch sensitivity dulls out. Can anyone confirm? Thanks. I also thought that this product covers the entire chrome bezel i was wrong. I was seriously considering this product. But after seeing this i don't want it anymore or any thing similar. Maybe the cling on power support they sell at Apple might do the job?

Last edited by a moderator:

ipod classic

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
Thanks and sorry. Its kinda hard to copy and paste with if iPhone. I hope this isn't true, because I love the idea of invisibly protecting your phone. So someone confirm asap PLs! Thx

THS-ROMEY

Sep 11, 2007
i don't no what idiot that is in the video but i got that on my fone(via letteing the cute girls who were selling it use my phone) and my touch screen sensitivity is better then it was with nothing on it...i bet u 100 dollars that the guy put it on him self when he shoulda had the ppl put it on because they take 20 minutes to get it accurate...then then blowdry it so it pretty much bcomes apart of the screen but can still b taken off

ipod classic

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
i don't no what idiot that is in the video but i got that on my fone(via letteing the cute girls who were selling it use my phone) and my touch screen sensitivity is better then it was with nothing on it...i bet u 100 dollars that the guy put it on him self when he shoulda had the ppl put it on because they take 20 minutes to get it accurate...then then blowdry it so it pretty much bcomes apart of the screen but can still b taken off
who put it on? Where is this place? So your saying that when you take yours off, the sensitivity remains the same?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I had the invisible shield on my phone before I had to send it in. I peeled it off and the phone still worked fine. (had to send it in due to battery probs)

socalkevin21

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
I had this on my previous iPhone (bricked due to 1.1.1 :cool:) and it worked great. Only problem I had with mine was that it had sort of an orange peel look. Worked great... no scratches possible, when I took it off my touch screen remained fully functional.... I'm guessing that this guy had too much of the vodka in the background when applying the film lol.

ipod classic

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
seriously huh? Bodyguardz probably made that spam video to spite invisishield. I mean I'm trying to think of how this possibly can ruin touch sensitivity? Must be a fluke? Or just a really dirty residue filled screen? Anybody got a youtube account, so maybe you can ask him more info perhaps?

Prelector

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
No, this is NOT true. There were some problems with the early production runs on the screens themselves; they would lose sensitivity fairly quickly.

The Invis Shield does cause a VERY mild reduction in touch sensitivity, but it also adds a bit more resistance to your fingers (some like this, some don't). It also has a slight texture to the skin itself, the orange peel you see some mention. This is only really visible if you hold the device at an angle though.

The Crystal Film product is also comparable. It's completely clear, no texturing, and even less reduction in touch sensitivity (if any at all). Virtually no resistance added to touch either.

The main difference between them is strength though, the IS product will NOT scratch, or become damaged itself, by anything short of a sharp edge... It provides very good protection to the screen. The CF product also provides good protection, but it will become scratched and damaged over time, requiring you to replace it with a new one (we're talking over a year here though, assuming you're careful with the screen).

UGActg

Sep 8, 2007
I didn't watch the whole video or with sound but does he give any evidence that it was actually the invisi shield that did that? I mean he could have dropped it then said that the invisi shield did it.

THS-ROMEY

Sep 11, 2007
im in long beach California and i got mine shield put on in vega and the girls damped the screen so it would make the shield ease into place and then they blow dried it and the shield healed into the exact position of the whole screen and i used it as if there was nothing on there....there are lil stands everywhere in malls so those girls said so jus go looking because these shield are incredible

ipod classic

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
im in long beach California and i got mine shield put on in vega and the girls damped the screen so it would make the shield ease into place and then they blow dried it and the shield healed into the exact position of the whole screen and i used it as if there was nothing on there....there are lil stands everywhere in malls so those girls said so jus go looking because these shield are incredible
i live in the los angeles area. Any idea where i can have mine put on for me? Thx