InvisibleSHIELD vs Bodyguardz

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

gcaraway

Sep 24, 2007
So, which one is it? invisiSHIELD or bodyguardz? i know one advantage about the bodyguardz is that is comes with 2, and the InvisibleSHIELD only comes with 1...Has anyone tested both out? They are the same price (which is pretty expensive i think)...and are they really scratch-proof?

so, Which one is better?

Thanks!

Jul 23, 2007
So, which one is it? invisiSHIELD or bodyguardz? i know one advantage about the bodyguardz is that is comes with 2, and the InvisibleSHIELD only comes with 1...Has anyone tested both out? They are the same price (which is pretty expensive i think)...and are they really scratch-proof?

so, Which one is better?

Thanks!
I chose the BodyGuard because it received the best reviews on iLounge. It also gives you (2) applications, which is great beacuse they are not easy to install. I actually destroyed (1) application in the install process. I'm very pleased and I'm about to put another one on due to a couple of months of roughness.

I use both the BodyGuard and a Griffin Elan case. I've always used Blackberries, so I like a holster, but I also realized my phone were always scratched because I dropped them while using them out of the holster.

The bodyguard solves this issue. I've dropped the iPhone countless times, but no scrathes exist.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I have the invisible shield, and I think - in the long run - it's a better deal.
I have already had to send my iPhone in for service, so I had to peel the shield off my phone. All I have to do is mail it back, and they send me a new one to put back on my phone.
AS faras how tough it is... Well, I had dropped my iPhone a couple times here and there, but there was nary a scratch on it. I call it the best investment for protecting the iPhone.

tobey

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
I had the Bodyguardz, actually I had three sets applied to my phone with no luck.

I bought the first kit through the EIP store (quick shipping BTW) and installed the first set according to the dirctions and online video. Within two days one of the corners slightly lifted (on the back piece) and when I put the phone in my pocket, the whole corner peeled up. So I pulled the back skin off and installed a second back piece and made sure to stretch the corners good - I also sat for about two hours pressing the corners into place (while I watched the game). This one lasted about five days and again, a corner lifted, then peeled... third back piece went the same way.

I love the skin theory but I have had ZERO luck with them, and I am pretty gentle with my phone. I also thought I did a decent job with the installation - guess I was wrong! :p

Fant

Sep 9, 2007
I'm on my 2nd bodyguard screen. The first one I guess I kind of rushed because dust seemed to get in underneath and then you see it on white screens. With the next one I did it in a steamy bathroom and took my time to line it up perfectly. This time the surface is really straight and I can barely tell its on. The only problem is I think dust still sneaked in there as on a white background I can see imperfections. I didn't have any corner peeling problems like others. However if the dust doesn't clear up, I will prob just give up on these types and go for the crystal protector.

rbaron

Bronze
Jan 18, 2007
I have the invisiSHIELD and really like it. I saw a video of a guy installing it and he took his keys and tried to damage it.

After I put it on I did not try to purposely try to damage it BUT I had the phone in the same pocket with my keys and when I took out the phone I noticed that there were depressions from the key's teeth on the invisiSHIELD film.

BUT AND I emailed the company and they sent me a new full body shield so I'm happy.

Good Luck

iPhone8801

Bronze
Sep 22, 2007
:laugh2: Just slapped on the invisishield yesterday. It looks great! Feels different...and it is not as clear as I thought it would be. But for the protection it offers its definitely worth it!

Side note: the clarity is about 98%. There is some sort of orange peel affect when viewing the screen at certain angles. I suppose I'll get used to it. haha

jeansteichen

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
:laugh2: Just slapped on the invisishield yesterday. It looks great! Feels different...and it is not as clear as I thought it would be. But for the protection it offers its definitely worth it!

Side note: the clarity is about 98%. There is some sort of orange peel affect when viewing the screen at certain angles. I suppose I'll get used to it. haha

Was it difficult to put on? Is it smooth like the glass?
Thanks.

ipod classic

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
which one of the two covers the entire chrome bezzel? Thats whats Important to me and can I have a pro put it on for me? I've heard some of the members had the companies people put it on for them. Thanks

mitpat92

May 1, 2009
Replacement Charge?

I have the invisible shield, and I think - in the long run - it's a better deal.
I have already had to send my iPhone in for service, so I had to peel the shield off my phone. All I have to do is mail it back, and they send me a new one to put back on my phone.
AS faras how tough it is... Well, I had dropped my iPhone a couple times here and there, but there was nary a scratch on it. I call it the best investment for protecting the iPhone.

hi, does the invisible shield charge for their replacements and if they do, how much. i am considering bodyguardz but they charge $5 for their replacements and if invisible shield's replacements are free, ill go with them. thanks

vcbc

May 5, 2009
Invishield does not cover the bezel on the iPod Touch 2G. there are a little smaller than the screen... like all protectors i used. i want a bodyguardz now, although i never hard of them until now. My invishield looked scratched, got it on a day ago and started using it, and someone ran their fingernail on it.

Edit: just remember they had a 30-day return... i might return these... i gotta do some research on the bodyguardz or case-mate or BestSkinEver, Phantom Skinz...

danipoak

Silver
Dec 13, 2007
Not Alaska
Invishield does not cover the bezel on the iPod Touch 2G. there are a little smaller than the screen... like all protectors i used. i want a bodyguardz now, although i never hard of them until now. My invishield looked scratched, got it on a day ago and started using it, and someone ran their fingernail on it.

Edit: just remember they had a 30-day return... i might return these... i gotta do some research on the bodyguardz or case-mate or BestSkinEver, Phantom Skinz...
BestSkins are exactly the same as invisible shield just significantly cheaper.

Apr 29, 2009
Great Buys out there on iPhone cases Ross stores carrying a big slection from hard clear cases to silicone sleeves priced about $2.99-$5.99 some made by Griffen & Iwave. ALso some of the Dollar stores have Belkin leather cases ,:mad:that same leather case will cost you $30 at AT&T store
. Leather is nice but I prefer the hard see through for protection. The one I use has a screen protector made into the case.:cool:

TheSuperPickle

Bronze
Dec 30, 2008
Idaho
I've had the shield (front and back) on my 3G for about 5 months now. It was pretty easy to install, it's not as smooth feeling as a nude iPhone though, but that's where you get a good grip. No problems execpt a very tiny air bubble on the back next to the camera, it doesn't cause any problems or anything so I forget about it most of the time.