Invites for October 4th have been sent out

NewGuy

Bronze
Dec 30, 2009
Toledo, OH
www.facebook.com
Rumors say that the 1 on the phone icon is saying there will be only 1 phone not 2 (not 4s and 5). And other rumors say its on October 4th not the 5th because its not gonna be a redesign. So maybe a 4s but still named iPhone 5 since its gonna be running iOS 5...

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
Yeah it is. And then there's the even longer 7 (or more) days until you can get your hands on one. :)
You'e said a mouthful brotha! The days won't be a problem for me. It'll be the upcoming weekend. During the work week it won't be so bad. I'm busy @ work so the day will go fast. My favorite TV shows will help the week go quick. Tonight, it's Sons of Anarchy. Tomorrow it's something on DVR if not TV and Thursday is Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Friday, probably something on DVR.

Next week Monday, work. Tuesday, I go to the dentist with hubby for his oral surgery and then home to find out all the phone details. After that the rest of the week will play itself out quickly until the Pre-order day! Oh Man! I will be up at midnight if need be to get my pre-order in.Then after that, will be the wait.

If the phone comes out on the streets on October 14th, as has been speculated on, then I should have it at home either that day or the day before, either way, I go and get my teeth cleaned that day and possibly my wisdoms pulled so, I'll be home anyway.

WooHoo! October, a banner month. Teeth maintenance and new iPhone 5! What could be better? :ROFLMAO:

shugo

Bronze
Sep 3, 2011
Dumb question about preorders, do you have to pay $XX down, or full price down, or nothing till you get it in store?

Sent from my iPhone 3GS using iCafe app

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
Dumb question about preorders, do you have to pay $XX down, or full price down, or nothing till you get it in store?

Sent from my iPhone 3GS using iCafe app
Not a dumb question, but you might not like the answer.

They will reserve the money on your CC or your debt card. They always say they will officially charge you when it ships, but they get the authorization right up front, so the funds are reserved and will not be available to you.

If using a debt card, you will not have the funds available, but after a few days the reserve will fall off leaving you to think you suddenly have $ back in your account, but don't spend it because on the shipping day Apple will come in and officially charge you for the phone.

So bottom line, no they don't officially charge you, but yes, the money will appear to be gone. Just think of it as spent money used to pay for the iPhone 5 and don't overdraw your account by spending another cent. LOL!

No, really be careful with this.

InyigoMontoya

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 17, 2011
Indiana

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
Oooh, I have a question. How long do you all suppose that the case manufacturers will have cases available for purchase after the event on October 4th?

I'm thinking they have had enough time soo, they should get their sites up and running with cases for purchase. You know, so we won't have a fiasco like with the iPhone 4's CaseGate! That sucked.

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
Oooh, I have a question. How long do you all suppose that the case manufacturers will have cases available for purchase after the event on October 4th?

I'm thinking they have had enough time soo, they should get their sites up and running with cases for purchase. You know, so we won't have a fiasco like with the iPhone 4's CaseGate! That sucked.
In an interview with Speck recently, they indicated a month after release, while noting they do not have any advance information.

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
:( Rats! So I guess it's a plastic baggie until a good case comes out. Or, ewww, the ebay route again. I hope not. Unless I can find a good one on there this time.
Maybe some of those Chinese case makers - or CaseMate - have the real intel and will have some earlier. Hope so.