iOS 10.1.1 is out

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by iPutz, Oct 31, 2016.

1. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

I just noticed that iOS 10.1.1 is available. Not sure what fixes are being addressed .

2. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

I had seen references to exactly that and was just curious what the other bugs may be. No big deal, just curious. Thanks for the answer.

4. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You may have misinterpreted my post. I wasn't speculating on the amount of people affected by that bug. I didn't read the article you linked or research the problem. Yes, a large number of posts does indicate a widespread problem, but even if there were only a few people who mentioned it on one forum, that certainly doesn't definitively indicate there are only a few people affected.

My point was to give you some suggestions for improving the quality of your posts by making them professional and accurate and less drawn out.

6. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Thank you kindly. Your suggestions have been duly noted. I appreciate your input as I always have.

But did you read what I linked to on the words “some eiC members”? My comments on this post were directed at @Ledsteplin. I felt he was too quick to dismiss the issue I posted about. He seemed to suggest here that the issue must be limited to very few occurrences simply because—and I quote his words—“I’m on several forums where there are many folks on iOS 10.1, including myself. This is the first I've heard of this issue.” With all due respect to fellow eiC member @Ledsteplin, just because you haven’t heard of an issue doesn’t mean it’s isolated and headed for dismissal.

And now, just a couple of days later, we have Apple releasing iOS 10.1.1 to address this very issue he had not heard about when I posted about it.

But maybe I’m just reading too much into it. If that’s the case, then apologies, and, carry on...

#6 Rafagon, Oct 31, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  7. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Apparently there was an issue with it. Being the Health app, I would hope they would fix it, regardless of how many experienced it. But I still never saw it mentioned until here.

8. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

FTFY :)

Well, mate, that’s my job, and I never get knackered of bringing you and everyone else here all the breaking news! Stick with me and you’ll be up-to-date on the latest goings-on with all things Apple (and all disasters Samsung). :D

9. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You said, "some members" rather than "one member," so I thought you were also referring to me.

10. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

But later on in that same exact sentence, I said, "'Four threads is not very many people,' in their opinion.”

And that was a quote that @Ledsteplin used, not you.

Screen Shot 2016-11-01 at 10.12.02 PM.png

I used the plural their instead of the singular his because I was trying not to specifically point the finger at someone (in this case, we now know it was @Ledsteplin). The plural pronoun they and its inflected forms (such as their) can in some cases be used to refer to one person when you want to avoid singling somebody out or when you don’t know exactly who did it.

For example, someone walks into the break room, notices the empty coffee pot, and angrily exclaims to whoever else is in the area, “They took the last cup of coffee and walked away. Why can’t they replace the filter and make another pot?”

In that case, it is obviously only one person who took the last of the coffee and failed to replace the filter and make another cup. But the word they is used because the exact person who did it is not known—or if the culprit is known, then the speaker is trying to be polite by not naming names.

Wow, I think I just won the medal for nitpicker of the week. :D

11. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Ugg. I don't have time to read all of that. You're way too wordy, man.