iOS 10.1 may not be a Healthy update for some.

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by Rafagon, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Forbes reports that iOS 10.1 is destroying tons of user Health data, such as activity, sleep, and nutrition records. Their article includes links to no fewer than four separate threads on the subject at the Apple Support Communities.

The author goes on to claim that there are “a growing number of complaints on social media" and that he has "been contacted by several users directly with stories of hours spent on the phone to Apple tech support, all without resolution.”

Have you been impacted by this alleged bug? Share your story below.

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I hate it when sites block all content when you use an Adblock. I didn't read the article because of that. Does "no fewer than four" = four? If so, why not just say four?

3. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Forbes used to do that to me, and I hated it as well.

They can't do it to me (at least on macOS) anymore after I installed this script.

As far as my wording, I chose the phrase “no fewer than four” to emphasize to the reader that the problem is widespread enough that it has warranted the creation of not one, not two, not three, but four separate threads on the Apple Support Communities. In other words, I’m trying to say, “No, this wasn’t an isolated incident; a lot of people are experiencing it.”

So, I guess, just be happy I didn’t say “Not one, not two, not three, but four separate threads…” :D

#3 Rafagon, Oct 27, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Needless words, but that's just me. I value conciseness and accuracy, but I digress.

Carry on.

5. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Four threads is not very many people. I'm on several forums where there are many folks on iOS 10.1, including myself. This is the first I've heard of this issue. One thread on Apple discussion may include no more than four people.

6. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Actually, a thread on Apple discussion may include any number of people. What makes you say it may include no more than four people?

I checked the first page only on the first two threads the author linked to and counted at least twelve people saying, basically, "Me too, I have the same problem."

Here's just one screenshot from one of the threads:

IMG_3337.PNG

It was the first I had heard of the problem as well.

Personally, I have absolutely zilch stored on my Health app, so I cannot confirm or deny any of the multiple reports.

This is the only app that's currently keeping tabs on my travels:

IMG_3338.PNG

Yes, I know it says 0 km. Those eggs were just recently placed in those incubators.

#6 Rafagon, Oct 27, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

The number of threads isn't necessarily relevant. One thread that has been consolidated by moderators and includes thousands of posts would indicate a more prevalent problem than four threads with a few posts each. Rather than stating the number of threads, a good estimation of how many people are affected is a lot more meaningful. I would be a lot more apt to click a link that simply indicates multiple replies than something than says "no fewer than four threads" or "not one, not two, not three, but four separate threads." It's utterly riduculous. Drawing it out wastes people's time and is irksome. It's not cute or funny and it makes this forum look unprofessional.

I would just say something like,
    "Widespread users report 10.1 bug that corrupts health data. No apparent, immediate fix. Links here."

Can we please try to improve the quality of posts for major Apple topics on this forum? I apologize for my rant, but the click bait titles and absurd nature of some of our threads here has been bothering me for a while.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I will do my best to comply, going forward; thank you for bringing it to my attention.

9. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I've seen many with only 2 comments. Some with just one. The OP. And no one replies. LOL