iOS 10.2 Beta 3 removes Emergency SOS feature, restores buttocks-like peach emoji

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Unless you’re in India, it appears you won’t be getting the Emergency SOS feature in iOS 10.2—at least not for now.

But fret not, for the peach emoji with an uncanny resemblance to human buttocks is making a return after much user outrage, and that’s much more fun than calling 911 any time!

iospeachemoji.png

Mthoroughbred

Zealot
Silver
Dec 16, 2008
Really?

Isn’t it a bit sad, that something so simple (upon five presses of home button, dial [your country’s emergency phone number here]) can stump Apple programmers?
Well it could be simple to you but different states have different numbers for their emergency personnel. Heck even counties and cities within those states have different numbers. Maybe Apple removed it to improve on how you would invoke SOS. 10 clicks well that could be a lot for a real emergency and confusing too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
Apple can't even get bluetooth or itunes right after all these years. Every version of iOS and OS X should still be in beta. It's beyond a joke at this point, why even mention flaws in "betas"?

rugved1118

Silver
Sep 27, 2013
Unless you’re in India, it appears you won’t be getting the Emergency SOS feature in iOS 10.2—at least not for now.

But fret not, for the peach emoji with an uncanny resemblance to human buttocks is making a return after much user outrage, and that’s much more fun than calling 911 any time!

View attachment 45091
Why would SOS be available in india ?

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Why would SOS be available in india ?

Your guess is as good as mine, but it’s part of the full list of changes that can be found in iOS 10.2 beta 3, per MacRumors.

"SOS - The SOS functionality that allowed users to call emergency services by pressing the power button multiple times on the iPhone has been removed in this beta. According to Apple's release notes, SOS is currently only available in India, perhaps for testing purposes before a wider rollout."

Last edited: