iOS 10.2 is officially out.

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by Rafagon, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

iOS 10.2 is out, and the official changelog is as follows:

Unfortunately, the forum gives me an error every time I copy and paste the changelog into my post.

I am only able to provide you, readers, with a link to the changelog at an alternate site:

http://www.redmondpie.com/ios-10.2-release-notes-changelog-all-that-is-new-in-one-place/

If a moderator or System Administrator is able to paste the changelog into a post, feel free to delete my post and start a new thread.

/*The error I see every time is as follows:
    * Screen Shot 2016-12-12 at 4.01.10 PM.png
    */

#1 Rafagon, Dec 12, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
  2. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

iOS 10.2 also reportedly contains (according to Forbes) software which “will allow [Apple] to gather information over the coming weeks which may potentially help [Apple] improve the algorithms used to manage battery performance and shutdown. If such improvements can be made, they will be delivered in future software updates.”

The battery issue described therein appears to be more widespread than previously believed and copped to by Apple. If this turns out to be the case, a far greater number of us may qualify for battery replacements in the future, an outcome that I personally have no problem with.