iOS 10 Beta 1 lags and freezes on IPhone 6

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by blastewitz, Jul 4, 2016.

1. blastewitz

blastewitz Member
    Bronze

Has anyone had similar issues ? I've installed iOS 10 Beta 1 on my iPhone 6 and it's lagging and freezing at least one a day and occasionally I have to hard reboot my I device and also noticed it drains my battery quite fast opposed to iOS 9.3.2 and some apps either crash or do not work in iOS 10 beta 1

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I usually test the major betas and this is how they typically run when they are still on beta 1 or 2. As far as third party apps, expect problems with some of them. They range from minor bugs to the apps being completely broken and crashing upon opening. Third party app developers don't typically update their apps for compatibility with the new OS until the the GM (Gold Master, which is identical to the public version that follows shortly thereafter). If battery life, stability and app compatibility outweigh the benefits of early testing of the new features, you'll likely want to downgrade to 9.3.2. A large portion of casual beta testers only run it temporarily due to these downsides. It's not really practical for a long-term daily driver.

3. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I'm seeing many reports this beta has actually been one of the best.

4. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Well, Safari is certainty snappier.

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Good. Hopefully, it won't take several months after the final version to make it stable, as that has been the trend for the past few years.

Did you have any problems with third party apps? Most aren't updated for iOS 10, so many people experience crashing or functional problems similar to the OP's.

6. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Navigon East Coast crashed upon opening. I can't remember which other app crashed.

7. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Facebook has had issues.

8. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

So it's been the norm for FaceBook then?
    LOL

9. tybirdtybird

tybirdtybird Contributor
    Bronze

So far iHeartAuto won't connect with CarPlay automatically. When you tap on flashlight it open when it feel like it and turn it off same way.