iOS 10 Beta 2

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by Rafagon, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Who has installed iOS 10 Beta 2 and what neat features (or horrid bugs) have you encountered? Discuss!

A warning: For those who are testing iOS 10 Beta 1, you may want to proceed with caution if you’re thinking of upgrading to Beta 2. Like a gruesome pestilence, an "Apple ID Locked Error" has been plaguing some Beta 2 users.

You will know if you’ve been smited because you will be locked out of your Apple ID and associated services with the aforementioned message.

The linked article proceeds to inform us that Apple "doesn’t yet appear to truly know what is going on.” Sound familiar?

Abandon all hope, ye who install iOS 10 Beta 2.

Gustave_Dore_Inferno1.jpg

Above: A confused iOS 10 Beta 2 user appears to be lost and hopeless.

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Jeez. All the drama here. I'm on iOS 10 Beta 2 and it's much more stable than the first beta. I don't have two-factor verification so I'm not worried about that. Apart from Navigon not working and two or three very minor bugs in the Messages and Music apps, I could use this as a daily driver.

Why don't you try Beta 2? Scared? :D

j/k - kinda

3. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Actually, yes. I only have my daily driver. I don’t want to suddenly be unable to make phone calls and feel lost. Or have my important Notes get corrupted or worse, erased. Theoretically, it could happen, right?

I’ve glanced at the process to revert back to 9.3.2 and it looks complicated. I’m sure I could handle it, but I don’t want the hassle and possible panic.

If you think I should go ahead and do it, I will. It would help stave off some of the boredom around here. Also, once the final (Golden Master) release of iOS 10 happens in September, is it easy to jump from the Beta to the final?

#3 Rafagon, Jul 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
  4. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

I tried iOS 10 beta and MacOS beta versions for a day then reverted back on both..

Not really impressed at all with either of the new OS's.. Some features are nice like copy and paste between Mac and phone. I like the new widgets on the lock screen and I like the new notification area but other than that, not much to jump up and down over..

On the new MacOS I think the new notification panel is UGLY and Siri on the Mac is useless to me...

Overall...... MEH! Good thing they have a few more months to work on then both..