IOS 10 BETA

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Do you have a Mac? You'll need to install the Xcode 8 beta on OS X and let it run once. It will install some files that will prevent this error.

Jan 13, 2016
Well, my sister downloaded it on my phone but I keep getting that error. I don't know what kind of computer she has but she said I probably need to do it from a computer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Well, my sister downloaded it on my phone but I keep getting that error. I don't know what kind of computer she has but she said I probably need to do it from a computer?
Ask her if she has a Mac. Here's another option:
Did anyone with installation issues try the provisioning profile listed with the ipsw's on the beta download page? I didn't need to install the XCode 8 beta. I installed the beta provisioning profile, then option-clicked upgrade in iTunes, selected the iOS10 Beta ipsw, and it worked. Perhaps that's what the XCode beta takes care of otherwise. Let me us know if that helps.

Jan 13, 2016
Hmmmm.... Will definitely look into that. Maybe I do need to use iTunes. She literally downloaded it to my phone and we tried that way. Never hooked it to a computer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

47seijar

Zealot
Bronze
Oct 6, 2012
Denville, NJ
Just got an email from Apple granting me and other beta participants the final release candidate for iOS 10. I've been running it on my iPad Air 2 and it's great. No issues. iOS 10 is due on the 13th but Apple is throwing a bone to us beta testers, giving it to us 5 days early.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Just got an email from Apple granting me and other beta participants the final release candidate for iOS 10. I've been running it on my iPad Air 2 and it's great. No issues. iOS 10 is due on the 13th but Apple is throwing a bone to us beta testers, giving it to us 5 days early.
That's normal. The GM always comes out before the official release and is often identical.