iOS 10 Bugs

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Update: The bug I described earlier, about not being able to hear a preview of the Wake Up Sounds, isn't a bug at all. The sounds are in fact played, but they fade in very slowly, and you have to give them time before they become audible.
~"This message was brought to you by audible.com." :D

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
Can anyone else not disable predictive text? It's so annoying

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Can anyone else not disable predictive text? It's so annoying
If you go to Settings > General > Keyboard, then scroll all the way down, you should see a toggle called Predictive. Set that to the off position and you’re set.

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
If you go to Settings > General > Keyboard, then scroll all the way down, you should see a toggle called Predictive. Set that to the off position and you’re set.

Ahh there it is! Weird you can't do it from the chat bar anymore but that might be a good thing

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
I see a lot of people complaining about [very] poor battery life after upgrading to iOS 10. Folks who were running 9.3.5 moved to 10.0 and immediately saw huge battery draining issues. Saw one guy with new 7+ complaining of the same issue.

Anybody here with this issue?

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
Mine started draining real bad when I first upgraded, but it stopped after a couple of days. It's doing a lot of indexing and behind the scenes work, once it's done with that...it got better battery life than before.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Mine started draining real bad when I first upgraded, but it stopped after a couple of days. It's doing a lot of indexing and behind the scenes work, once it's done with that...it got better battery life than before.
It's also busy making Memories slideshows of all your photos. :)

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
Speaking only for myself, I've found in the past that the reason for increased battery drain after a major update is simply because I'm playing with the phone a lot more to discover all it's new features. That usually lasts a couple, three days and then reverts back to normal usage.

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
Speaking only for myself, I've found in the past that the reason for increased battery drain after a major update is simply because I'm playing with the phone a lot more to discover all it's new features. That usually lasts a couple, three days and then reverts back to normal usage.
So you have no battery issues?

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
That's correct. No battery issues yet. I did go through after the update to again turn off background operations for about 8 or10 apps that were turned on by the update which is something I've noticed following past updates.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
A weird thing happened to me tonight, I lost my flashlight...

I ended up having to use the camera w/flash to get it working again

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
Sorry to bring this up again but "Battery Life"...

Over on the 'other forum' they have a long thread about all the battery related issues people are experiencing since updating to iOS 10.

So are these just the top 1% of gear heads who are always complaining about everything or his this a real issue?

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida

Over on the 'other forum' they have a long thread about all the battery related issues people are experiencing since updating to iOS 10.

So are these just the top 1% of gear heads who are always complaining about everything or his this a real issue?
I'm quite obsessive about battery charge. I tend to keep a close eye on mine and I'd like to think if something suddenly made it worse, I'd be able to tell fairly quickly. I installed iOS 10 minutes after it became available and my battery usage has not deteriorated in the slightest.

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
I'm quite obsessive about battery charge. I tend to keep a close eye on mine and I'd like to think if something suddenly made it worse, I'd be able to tell fairly quickly. I installed iOS 10 minutes after it became available and my battery usage has not deteriorated in the slightest.
Thanks.

Possibly this issue is happening to people who have many many charges or cycles on their phones. In the end it's a small group of users complaining amonst millions.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida

Possibly these people are using the device A LOT more, being a new OS they are playing around, changing setting etc... thus draining the battery quicker.

Docd

Contributor
Silver
Oct 16, 2011
I been noticing that Safari looses its memory for going back in webpages. I'll visit a site and go into the site and tap a few links then come back to my phone later that day and want to back up to a previous page and the back arrow is grayed out so you can go back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
Anybody experiencing the phone freezing up issue that is being reported?

Buddy of mine just upgraded yesterday and said it happened to him. Then suddenly it went back to normal. O_o

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Major iOS 10 Bug:

If you’re on LTE and you use (dial) any of the AT&T Services:

A1.PNG

Then LTE stops working and you’re stuck with 4G:

A2.png

The only way to go back to LTE is to go to:

Settings > Cellular Data Options > Enable LTE > Off

and then select Voice & Data or Data Only:

A3.png

Update: It seems to have fixed itself!! Bizarre!

Last edited: