iOS 10 Jailbreak ?

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
Nah I did not...but I would install tweaks when I was bored and I saw new ones. Most were ones that got rid of annoyances and whatnot. I did get better though and uninstalled stuff that was pointless or that I didn't need anymore as other tweaks had it, such as Springtomize gave you lots of stuff to choose from that I did not even notice as I had those similar tweaks. As the days went on, I kept uninstalling stuff.

To be honest, I am now liking being unjailbroken and using iOS 10. My friend and I play Pool via iMessage every now and then. However, this doesn't mean I'll not jailbreak when I can.
You either did or did not. Which was it? :p I think you have too much time on your hands.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
You either did or did not. Which was it? :p I think you have too much time on your hands.
I did not install EVERY tweak that was released. As for having too much time on my hands, I am done applying for jobs as I almost have one in the palm of my hands. Tomorrow I go for a polygraph exam.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
And therein lies the problem. :)
I swear I didn't install ones that were not compatible though. However, some that I already had could go incompatible but not for the current iOS that I was on. I still am thinking the issue could have been RevealMenu. I am not sure. I didn't have this issue where apps would open sluggish etc before.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
And therein lies the problem. :)
Agreed. The more you have, the more likely you'll have problems. Even though they are listed as compatible with the firmware, some might be incompatible with other tweaks. It's a nightmare to troubleshoot problems when you have 100 tweaks. Minimizing the amount of packages you have installed and slowly installing new ones every few days with a testing period in the middle is a great way to minimize problems.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Agreed. The more you have, the more likely you'll have problems. Even though they are listed as compatible with the firmware, some might be incompatible with other tweaks. It's a nightmare to troubleshoot problems when you have 100 tweaks. Minimizing the amount of packages you have installed and slowly installing new ones every few days with a testing period in the middle is a great way to minimize problems.
I did a pretty good job troubleshooting problems I had by turning them off using iCleaner, but it took a little while. As for apps opening slowly etc, that is a tricky one to troubleshoot. Well sort of. My tweak / package tweet actually wasn't big anymore, but anyways I'm unjailbroken for the time being.

Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
Can see how that may be confusing, as I listed the phone I was waiting for with the popular abbreviation JB. Perhaps it made you assume I meant jail broken.

To clarify, since my September 9th preorder for a Jet Black iPhone 7+ is extremely delayed, I at least get to continue to enjoy my jail broken 6+

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Can see how that may be confusing, as I listed the phone I was waiting for with the popular abbreviation JB. Perhaps it made you assume I meant jail broken.

To clarify, since my September 9th preorder for a Jet Black iPhone 7+ is extremely delayed, I at least get to continue to enjoy my jail broken 6+
Very nice, and yes I actually thought you meant you were un-jailbroken but at the same time jailbroken lol.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
I did not install EVERY tweak that was released. As for having too much time on my hands, I am done applying for jobs as I almost have one in the palm of my hands. Tomorrow I go for a polygraph exam.
You said that when you had the USPS job in your pocket...we see where that got you. I'd keep quiet and not jinx yourself until you're working past one week.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
You said that when you had the USPS job in your pocket...we see where that got you. I'd keep quiet and not jinx yourself until you're working past one week.
Hey...the USPS job was in my pocket besides having to show them that I can drive the 50 million year old vehicle. And yes, I know you'll say to not blame the vehicle as you once said to me, but I found out from a lady delivering mail recently that the vehicle I was practicing in was not the same type of vehicle she was in. Her steering wheel was not 100% wobbly like the one I was in using. It was out of my control that the steering wheel was causing vehicle to drift. I had both hands on wheel as well lol.

As for the most recent job I had, the guy helping me said it'd take about a month to learn and get used to everything, but that was not the case according to the older man. I called back one day to see if they need me to come back in and he responded saying, "You know Michael, it's just not working out, you're not learning quickly." That was after only 3.5 days.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Nowhere near. Pangu is having a tough time with this one.
Via a video from known YouTuber earlier, the jailbreak is contingent on iOS 10.1, and if all is good then an ETA is at the end of this month or into the month of November. Obviously this information is just what it is, information...we may not know exactly until Pangu releases it.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
Via a video from known YouTuber earlier, the jailbreak is contingent on iOS 10.1, and if all is good then an ETA is at the end of this month or into the month of November. Obviously this information is just what it is, information...we may not know exactly until Pangu releases it.
Thanks!

Last edited:

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
Hey...the USPS job was in my pocket besides having to show them that I can drive the 50 million year old vehicle. And yes, I know you'll say to not blame the vehicle as you once said to me, but I found out from a lady delivering mail recently that the vehicle I was practicing in was not the same type of vehicle she was in. Her steering wheel was not 100% wobbly like the one I was in using. It was out of my control that the steering wheel was causing vehicle to drift. I had both hands on wheel as well lol.

As for the most recent job I had, the guy helping me said it'd take about a month to learn and get used to everything, but that was not the case according to the older man. I called back one day to see if they need me to come back in and he responded saying, "You know Michael, it's just not working out, you're not learning quickly." That was after only 3.5 days.
Okay!

Last edited:

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Do you have a source for the late Oct. - early Nov. ETA? So far all I've seen are reports that Pangu still has a lot of work.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Do you have a source for the late Oct. - early Nov. ETA? So far all I've seen are reports that Pangu still has a lot of work.
I don't know what you consider a legitimate source/report but I love listening to this well known YouTuber regarding jailbreaks and tons of other information.

Skip to 5:19 for where he talks about the ETA.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
ICrackUriDevice? Haha! The jailbreak community hasn't taken him seriously for a long time.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
If it's the YouTuber I know, the jailbreak community hasn't taken him seriously for a long time.
It's iCrackUriDevice. I haven't heard of people not taking him seriously. In my opinion, he talks genuinely, giving us the most up-to-date information that he knows of. He knows that obviously a jailbreak won't be quick, but he tries to ease our mind with it.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
It's iCrackUriDevice. I haven't heard of people not taking him seriously. In my opinion, he talks genuinely, giving us the most up-to-date information that he knows of. He knows that obviously a jailbreak won't be quick, but he tries to ease our mind with it.
Then you're not hanging out with the right people.