iOS 10 Jailbreak ?

ring0_event

Bronze
Aug 24, 2010
OK, I can report that FolderEnhancer now works on my 10.0.1 JB IP6S.
Personally, I am eager for f.lux, iFile, and Springtomize to be ported over for iOS 10 as well...

ring0_event

Bronze
Aug 24, 2010
I didn't know about that one, thanks!

Do you (or anyone) know of any "official Cydia apps" (in standard repos in Cydia, I don't want to risk sideloading IPAs) for these iOS 9 compatible apps:
-CCSettings- still not iOS10 ready.
-f.lux: I really, really miss this.
-tsProtector: not yet iOS10 compatible.
-Navigate from Maps: From a dropped pin, can use another GPS app instead of the default Google Maps. I find this very convenient to use another GPS app (Navigon- more up to date maps than Google Maps). I suspect that I'm in the minority here, and that most people use Google Maps.
-Use Agent Changer: not yet iOS10 compatible.

Could anyone get this to work:
-Activator: says it's iOS10 ready, but springboard crashes. Note that I'm on 10.0.1. I've luckily been able to uninstall it without incident.

I'm proceeding very, very carefully, because I don't want a tweak to wreck my jailbreak. Thanks for any help.

rugved1118

Silver
Sep 27, 2013
Thanks Napoleon.

Hi rugved1118, Cydia Impactor relies on an Apple ID (non developer) to sign your IPA files (like Yalu) so that they can be executed on your iPhone. I had read that then non-developer certificates have a 7 day signing timeout, meaning that after 7 days, you can no longer sign and load IPA files onto your iPhone. Hence, after the 7 day period, you cannot reboot a semi-tethered jailbroken device and still use your Cydia tweaks (your phone will no longer be jailbroken at that point). If you reboot, you need to reload the Yalu IPA file, which requires the Apple ID for signing (or the Yalu app won't work).

MAYBE- I could buy a developer ID. Then, if I understand properly, I could sign apps for as long as I want.
Could anyone confirm that one for me? Thanks!
Am still unclear with the explaination. Can you please emphasiZe more ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ring0_event

Bronze
Aug 24, 2010
As I understand it: a non JB phone needs applications to be signed so that they may execute on the phone. Cydia impactor sideloads the Yalu app onto the non-JB phone, but without a signature, it may be be executed. Apparently, an AppleID allows apps to be signed for 7 days. Thereafter, that Apple ID may not sign apps. A developer Apple ID would, for one year, allow one to sign applications (cost: 100 USB). After the year is up, a payment is due for renewal. Note that Apple could revoke any Apple ID's ability to sign applications at any time.
Napoleon has stated that a workaround for the 7 day signing is apparently in the works- I hope that it will happen. Right now, with the Yalu JB, you cannot reboot without losing the JB. If the reboot has occurred during the 7 days window, then the Yalu app may be sideloaded again in the same manner. If the 7 day period has passed, then there are three options:
a) Get another free Apple ID in order to be able to sign the Yalu app.
b) Cough up 100 USD for an Apple ID developer account.
c) Give up on the Yalu JB.

Too bad untethered JB seem to be harder (impossible?) nowadays.

I hope that this quick summary is accurate- if not, please someone chime in.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
The Yalu app stopped working for me a couple of days ago after a reboot but I reused Cydia Impactor with my Apple ID and it worked fine. I don't understand where the issue is exactly.

ring0_event

Bronze
Aug 24, 2010
I thought that the ability to sign Yalu so that it could execute on your phone (and re-jailbreak it after a reboot) runs out after 7 days after initial use (for that Apple ID). Am I wrong? If so, awesome.

ring0_event

Bronze
Aug 24, 2010
An update: the new version of Activator no longer crashes into safe mode on my IP6S on 10.0.1. Nice.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
An update: the new version of Activator no longer crashes into safe mode on my IP6S on 10.0.1. Nice.
Sorry I haven't been more helpful. I had a serious problem a while back with the jailbreak and decided to update to 10.2.1. Sure miss my five-column springboard and dock, and my ability to get rid of the app animations.

ring0_event

Bronze
Aug 24, 2010
Don't be sorry! I really feel for you...
I hope there is another JB soon so you can configure your phone as you wish.
I hope you don't mind me asking- was there a tweak and/or series of actions which go the JB unstable? What were the symptoms?
Again- I'm really sorry, and hope we get another JB soon!

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Don't be sorry! I really feel for you...
I hope there is another JB soon so you can configure your phone as you wish.
I hope you don't mind me asking- was there a tweak and/or series of actions which go the JB unstable? What were the symptoms?
Again- I'm really sorry, and hope we get another JB soon!
I'm not very hopeful at all for a 10.2.1 jailbreak.

I lost all LTE when using the jailbreak. I found out after I restored that I could have fixed the bug without updating. Well, those are the breaks.

ring0_event

Bronze
Aug 24, 2010
Anyone using FlipControlCenter? I'm looking for a CCSettings replacement, and I'd like to know if FlipControlCenter is stable. Thanks.

ring0_event

Bronze
Aug 24, 2010
Could anyone else get SSH to work on a Yalu JB device? Even though I've changed the password, WinSCP says that connection is refused. I think that SSH is enabled. Did anyone else have this issue?

ring0_event

Bronze
Aug 24, 2010
No one uses this technique anymore? How do you import ringtones and other payloads? OK, luckily some research has helped me out. And it *can* be done without reboot, so you don't have to re-jailbreak with that annoying 7 day signing limit (any progress in this being overcome??)

Steps to get WinSCP to work:
-Uninstall OpenSSH using Cydia. I have left OpenSSL instead.
-Get SCP: add the repo "http://coolstar.org/publicrepo/" to Cydia, and download SCP from Cydia.
-Download mobile Mterminal from Cydia.
-VERY IMPORTANT: change root password! Open mobile terminal: "The default password is "alpine". Type 'su' to log into your root and enter "alpine" as the password, then type "passwd" and type in your new password twice which will change the Root password. Then to change the mobile password run "passwd mobile" and type in your new password twice."
-Now using this page as a reference (https://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/comments/5qyils/question_dropbear_daemon_not_running/): use fileza/iFile and navigate to /Library/LaunchDaemons/, and edit dropbear.plist and change <string>127.0.0.1:22</string> to <string>0.0.0.0:22</string>
-Now, in mobile terminal as root, type this: "launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/dropbear.plist" followed by "launchctl load /Library/LaunchDaemons/dropbear.plist"
-The dropbear service will now listen on port 22, and you can use WinSCP.

Note that I had to go through one more round of unload/load of dropbear before WinSCP could connect.

I used two references to figure this out:
(this reference says you need to reboot, but the next page shows the launchctl trick)
http://techuptake.com/ssh-over-wifi-and-enable-access-via-scpsftp-on-yalu102-beta/

https://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/comments/5qyils/question_dropbear_daemon_not_running/

BTW: do you guys use another technique instead of scp to transfer to/from your phone?

ring0_event

Bronze
Aug 24, 2010
BTW, I forgot to mention two ports:
a) In WinSCP, use the SCP protocol on port 22.
b) Each time you re-jailbreak, /Library/LaunchDaemons/dropbear.plist will get overwritten. I'm sure that there are ways around this- perhaps modifying the plist in the Yalu payload before you sideload would work.

I have two outstanding questions:
1) Is there ANY progress at all toward getting rid of the 7 day signing period?
2) Do you use any other techniques to transfer to/from your Yalu jailbroken phones?

rugved1118

Silver
Sep 27, 2013
I am on iOS 10.1.1 and have downloaded ipsw file for 10.2. While restoring to 10.2, I was getting error 3194. Now, I goggled out and then have added these lines at the end of hosts file on my windows xp desktop :-

74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com
74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com

After adding these lines, am getting error 17. There is no connectivity issues at all.

Can anyone please help me ? I am desperate to jailbreak my iphone 5s.

rugved1118

Silver
Sep 27, 2013
Just to add, I am on the latest itunes version (12.1.3.6).