iOS 4.3.5 - battery life is very poor

flatbacks21

Bronze
Sep 21, 2010
Ohio
I recently had to restore and I did so with 4.3.5. Since than, I've noticed poor battery life. Anybody else experiencing that? Any suggestions on how to squeeze more juice from my current operating system? Lemme know, thanks.

Aug 31, 2010
Someone else probably knows far more about this than me, but are you making sure to close out your background apps once a day or so?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Charge your phone to 100% and then drain it to below 5% I even would say till it dies. Then charge it up over-night, uninterrupted to 100% again and then test. If it still seems crappy, you might want to restore again and see if it gets better.
Just an FYI, close all tabs in safari as well as all apps in Task Manager. Both can affect battery to a degree.

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
Charge your phone to 100% and then drain it to below 5% I even would say till it dies. Then charge it up over-night, uninterrupted to 100% again and then test. If it still seems crappy, you might want to restore again and see if it gets better.
Just an FYI, close all tabs in safari as well as all apps in Task Manager. Both can affect battery to a degree.
But surely if the safari app isn't running then safari tabs will not affect battery lde

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
But surely if the safari app isn't running then safari tabs will not affect battery lde
Actually, I have seen reports that a webpage was refreshing itself in the background for several people and caused all sorts of havoc with battery life. I guess it depends on where you go, but it's always better to be safe than sorry.
Ounce of prevention is better than needing a pound of cure.

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
Actually, I have seen reports that a webpage was refreshing itself in the background for several people and caused all sorts of havoc with battery life. I guess it depends on where you go, but it's always better to be safe than sorry.
Ounce of prevention is better than needing a pound of cure.
Wow I never thought of that

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Have you been able to contact any family or friends that can put you up for a bit?